Adam Eaton Appreciation Thread

Jose Abreu

Good ballplayer. Just saw the youtube of him giving a bat to a blind child at spring training. Seems like a good guy. Good hitter. Definitely no superstar.

Thanks for your effort, Mr. Eaton, you were a fine player. I'd give him a solid B.

At the end of the last game of the season he came out, gave his bats away to some fans by the 3rd base tarp, then came out and tossed his cleats and hat up to kids on the dugout. My son was lucky enough to get his hat. He was rather upset by this trade, but that's from a 11 year old who had his favorite player traded away.

I appreciated how fan friendly Eaton was, how great he was with the kids and that ROCKET arm from right field.

I will miss him on this team.

Him and Alexei doing the victory jump is one of my all time favorite things as a Sox fan. They did it all the time and it was so fun to watch their joy together.

Dude busted his ass and always gave it his all. Hustled as hard as anyone. I'll miss him plenty.

I'll remember back before Sale became CHRIS f***ING SALE and was merely Chris f'in Sale, Eaton was one of the pieces talked about to target in a trade with the DBacks. Then we got him for Hector Santiago.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
Love the fraudulent Grindy-ness. I wonder which child of a Nationals player will be dubbed a team leader by Spanky.

They like LaRoche in DC, he will just bring Drake with him. Then he will buy him a train pass so he can Amtrak up to Boston to see his other buddy Chris S. Somebody needs to watch over the latchkey kid while Daddy is out "fighting" child prostitution in SE Asia.

Adam Eaton was my favorite current Sox player. I liked that he was not a genetic freak but made the most out of his talent with hustle and hard work. I would show replays of Eaton to my daughters (who play softball) to show them how I want them to play full speed. I was fortunate enough to go to spring training a couple of years ago and I watched Eaton sign autographs. He seemed like a cool guy. I will keep rooting for him.

I love the way how some fans turn on a hardnosed player like Adam.

Look what he did for this blind child. Yeah, Eaton is a bad guy. Give me a break. Keep rooting for prospects. Maybe someday they'll be as good as Eaton. I never fell for Adam as a player; I thought he was good not great and actually was improving every year, but this story shows what a good man he must be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...-065247398.html

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)
I love the way how some fans turn on a hardnosed player like Adam.

Look what he did for this blind child. Yeah, Eaton is a bad guy. Give me a break. Keep rooting for prospects. Maybe someday they'll be as good as Eaton. I never fell for Adam as a player; I thought he was good not great and actually was improving every year, but this story shows what a good man he must be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...-065247398.html

What is it with you and this "ME AND EVERYONE I LIKE AGAINST THE WORLD" mentality? You have to bring it into every damn thread and then put words in others mouths.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
They like LaRoche in DC, he will just bring Drake with him. Then he will buy him a train pass so he can Amtrak up to Boston to see his other buddy Chris S. Somebody needs to watch over the latchkey kid while Daddy is out "fighting" child prostitution in SE Asia.

LaRoche Prostitute Fight Night feels like a blown marketing opportunity.

He was the player who made the most positive contribution to the day-to-day watchability of the team. And while I suspect he's a bit immature and perhaps rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way, I found him easy to root for. I hope players fans can gravitate towards get on this team soon...I think Tim Anderson might be too much of the quiet type for the job.