Adam Eaton Appreciation Thread

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 03:44 AM)
What is it with you and this "ME AND EVERYONE I LIKE AGAINST THE WORLD" mentality? You have to bring it into every damn thread and then put words in others mouths.

A post like this infuriated me ...

"Love the fraudulent Grindy-ness. I wonder which child of a Nationals player will be dubbed a team leader by Spanky."

All I did was respond to this mean post and stand up for Eaton who did a nice thing for a blind kid. Where's the outrage for a post like that in an appreciation thread?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:16 PM)
A post like this infuriated me ...

"Love the fraudulent Grindy-ness. I wonder which child of a Nationals player will be dubbed a team leader by Spanky."

All I did was respond to this mean post and stand up for Eaton who did a nice thing for a blind kid. Where's the outrage for a post like that in an appreciation thread?

Now you know how we all feel.

It was all a bit. Nick Swisher 2.0. It was all fake and bad. And the crying on twitter was infuriating.

8xPvcpd.png

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)
Adam Eaton was my favorite current Sox player. I liked that he was not a genetic freak but made the most out of his talent with hustle and hard work. I would show replays of Eaton to my daughters (who play softball) to show them how I want them to play full speed. I was fortunate enough to go to spring training a couple of years ago and I watched Eaton sign autographs. He seemed like a cool guy. I will keep rooting for him.

Damn you stole my thunder. At the two games I attended at Camelback in 2014 he was by far the most interactive with fans. And as a short guy myself that was always told in my baseball career that no scout would appreciate a 5-9" CF I appreciate that he fought through bias in the industry to make it big.

That said, at times he rubbed me the wrong way. I thank him for his time here though and wish him well. I'll never forget the amazing defensive show he put on last year.

Eaton was great with the White Sox. Averaged only about 0.5 WAR a year less than Bryce Harper the last 3. Definitely will be missed on the field, and seemed like a really good guy off. I really don't know where Deadpool is coming from. He probably would have a different take if Eaton was going to the Cubs.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:25 PM)
Now you know how we all feel.

It was all a bit. Nick Swisher 2.0. It was all fake and bad. And the crying on twitter was infuriating.

8xPvcpd.png

The first time I saw him sprint down the 1st base line after a walk, I was like, "Man, do I hate this f***ing guy already". And it only got worse over time.

But to his credit, he really improved on the field and became more than just a Grindy McGrinderson. He became a very good ballplayer, just not likeable.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 05:49 AM)
Eaton was great with the White Sox. Averaged only about 0.5 WAR a year less than Bryce Harper the last 3. Definitely will be missed on the field, and seemed like a really good guy off. I really don't know where Deadpool is coming from. He probably would have a different take if Eaton was going to the Cubs.

You and Greg are on your own plane of special.