Jensen Back to Dodgers

Southwest Sider

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:24 PM)
The Marlins are so stupid. Giving up a first round pick to sign a closer when you have no starting pitching and a mediocre at best lineup is so foolish.

I think they're trying to replicate the Royals model.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 11:25 PM)

THE OPPOSITE, THOUGH IN TERMS OF PRICING STRATEGY

That model was predicated on scrap heap signings (Blanton/Wang/Chris Young/Madson), being cabled together with an impressive core of arms developed internally.

Hochevar was a high profile starting failure, then 6th-7th inning guy...but they obviously hit big with Herrera as a Latin American signing and then Wade Davis in the James Shields trade.

Not to mention having a veteran closer in Holland. So you had only Holland who was semi-expensive, and Davis who's finally NOW getting to $10 million in his final year before hitting free agency but was a bargain at the time.

That whole time, KC never had a "lock down lefty," going with guys like Tim Collins and Morales. They added Strahm this year, but Soria's high profile struggles pretty much cancelled anything he did out, and then Davis and obviously Holland were both hurt.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 11:25 PM)

I think they are just #shook. It's one thing when you franchise player has a season-ending injury. It's another when the cornerstone of your organization is suddenly dead. What do you do all of a sudden?

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)
If Jansen doesn't accept the Marlins offer, Robertson for Jarlin Garcia...who says no Sox or Marlins?

I think Robertson could fetch a better prospect than Jarlin Garcia, especially given the lack of closers on the market or perhaps at the deadline?

Garcia's upside seems limited to a back of the rotation at best