‘They Are Slaughtering Us Like Animals’

StrangeSox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 08:58 PM)
And yet you're ok with Russia having committed criminal acts in support of the election of Donald Trump and encourage others to leave the country if they have an issue with lawbreaking in support of a candidate.

Whatever.

I hate Hillary. I hate Trump. I love Bernie. I love Ventura. I love America. I hate Russia. I hate China. I hate North Korea. What more can I say?

Edited by greg775

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/12/world/as...g-campaign.html

Duterte doesn't like the bad pub.

The president, who has called repeatedly for the killing of drug dealers and addicts, added that he did not enjoy seeing the deaths of his people.

“It doesn’t give me happiness to see a Filipino die,” he said. “But given a choice between a disorderly and failed state in my country.…” he said, without completing his thought.

Mr. Andanar, a former television news anchor, said in his statement that a number of police officers had been killed, but did not cite a figure. He said their deaths demonstrated “the magnitude of the drug problem in the country, and the need for resolute and decisive response by law enforcement.”

He asked the foreign news media to “present both sides of the story” when covering the antidrug campaign.

Cover both sides!

Coming from a dude who praised Hitler. Point blank. Praised Hitler and wants to emulate him.

I can't find anything recent on what his current support levels are, but I'd be interested to see if he generally has the backing of the people still.

My understanding from a Filipino customer I was working with this fall is that there's a lot of class and ethnic/regional divides within the Philippines.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
I can't find anything recent on what his current support levels are, but I'd be interested to see if he generally has the backing of the people still.

My understanding from a Filipino customer I was working with this fall is that there's a lot of class and ethnic/regional divides within the Philippines.

65-75% roughly...for now.

And the Philippines is 90% Catholic, which makes extra judicial killings all the more startling.

Philippines journalist killed after criticising officials over illegal drug lab

A Philippine provincial newspaper publisher has been shot dead after writing a column alleging official negligence over a recently discovered methamphetamine laboratory, in the first killing of a journalist during the country’s war on drugs.

The National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP) condemned Monday’s murder of Larry Que, publisher of a news site on the island of Catanduanes, and said it “challenged” President Rodrigo Duterte to find the perpetrators and utilise a special task force he set up to protect media.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 12:41 PM)
Philippine police suspend drug war to tackle corruption

Head of national police force says anti-drugs units will be disbanded until 'rogue' officers have been 'cleansed'.

A South Korean businessman was murdered by one of Dutert's death squads.

In all fairness, Angeles City is one of the seediest places on earth...but that doesn't make him a drug dealer. No love lost between the Koean and Pinoy community, who feel Koreans exploit their women, disrespect their culture and mostly drive up condo prices.

Fwiw, Duterte claims only 40% of his police are corrupt in the Phils and the anti-drug crusade will last until 2020 or 2022 depending on his whims.

South Korean Jee Ick-Joo, a businessman, along with his house helper, was reportedly kidnapped by two unidentified men from Jee's residence in Angeles, Pampanga on October 18, 2016. After their arrest, the kidnappers—who turned out to be members of the PNP—accused Jee of being involved in the illegal drug trade.[2] On October 21, 2016, after being released by the kidnappers, the housemaid, accompanied by Jee's wife, approached Raffy Tulfo's program Wanted sa Radyo and reported that her boss was indeed involved in illegal drugs, carrying with her a copy of a search warrant from a Quezon City court; Tulfo later sent the two to Camp Crame, where Tulfo passed the maid to the PNP Anti-Kidnapping Group to be given protection.[citation needed] Jee's wife, Choi Kyung-jin, made the statement that the kidnappers demanded a ransom of ₱8 million, and later another ₱5 million on October 30, 2016. She said she did not give the kidnappers the ₱5 million when they failed to present proof that Jee was still alive.[2] The house helper was released the day after she and Jee were kidnapped.[3]

Philippine authorities held an investigation into Jee's death, the result of which was relayed to South Korean authorities. The result of the investigation stated that Jee died due to strangulation, on the same day he was kidnapped, within the grounds of Camp Crame of the Philippine National Police.[4] On January 17, 2017, the National Bureau of Investigation went to a funeral parlor in Caloocan where the body of Jee Ick-Joo was believed to have been brought.[3]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_..._of_Jee_Ick-Joo

Jee Ick-Joo's wife said that eight armed men, including SPO3 Ricky Santa Isabel, who is linked to the PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Group, were involved in the kidnapping. She alleged that the group took their personal property, including jewelry and passports. Jee's househelper was also named as a suspect by the Angeles city police after she was found to have used a false name and been working at Jee's household for only two days.[5] The house helper is the main witness in the case.[3]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Philippine police use hospitals to hide drug war killings

Since late 2016, police have delivered hundreds of drug suspects to Manila hospitals. A Reuters investigation has revealed almost all were dead on arrival. Witnesses and family members say they were executed and their bodies removed from the scene in a police cover up

The Philippines' House also just passed a law making it a crime punishable by large fines and lengthy jail sentences to not forcefully and joyously sing the national anthem whenever it's played.

• 2 months later...