Yeas and Nays Everywhere

Rooftop Shots

Kenny%20Jerry%20Casket_zpseybeastp.jpg

Well guys, sorry this is rather long. I don't post often, so bear with me. There have been a lot of threads yea and nay as to what The Sox are doing and who they are letting go and who they are obtaining. Here's my take on the whole thing.

Unfortunately, all of the arguing could be avoided if it wasn't for the front office. In the last "unpteen years" we have developed from our system only a few players that became something, Ventura, Crede, Thomas, and possibly Anderson just to name a few. What has REALLY HURT everybody here is not that Sale, Eaton and "more upcomings" are leaving. It's the fact that JR's loyalties have put us in the position that we are in. We have proven that we can't develop players, and yet Buddy Bell and so forth were still at the helm of player development. Hasn't produced SQUAT, so we get dumpster dive free agents to try and help to mold our young kids since the farm Failed at it. Plus, if we had great scouting and player development, we would not have had to get these old washed up has beens. We woud have had MULTIPLE position players already in place, and not wasted our time and effort with guys that we could maybe SQUEEZE another year out of. (Another of KW's failed brilliancies)

Granted we did go after some big names at that time Frazier, Cabrera etc, but since that didn't work, we are FORCED to trade all of our elite players away to build up a farm that development has failed miserably at. And yet Kenny and everyone under him still have their jobs. Plus the loyalty to Ventura. He should have been canned years ago. Not only that, but at the start, we could have signed Francona instead of Ventura. Once again JR's loyalty to Kenny, Ventura, Buddy Bell trumps winning.

The bottom line, if Reinsdorf's "drive" to win Trumped loyalty, Kenny would have been CANNED eons ago, We could have have a manager with 2 rings, and player developement and scouting would have been shaken up years ago. WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO KEEP SALE, Q, ABREU. EATON etc etc, IFFFFFF we had the farm to build around them.

So in essence, JR cuts our throats by failing to address PROPERLY all the things and people that have brought us to the point that we are now in. And that is ……having to unload elite franchise players, in order to build up a system in what his hired hands have failed to do. Because of his lackadaisical attitude, we as the fans suffer by arguing and watching a once in a lifetime player like Sale, and a duo of Sale Q go down the drain.

Closing: this is what we are dealt with, and we can only hope for some kind of miracle after its all done. It just so HURTS to not see a Trio of Sale, Q.and Rodon to never get a run in October together. YES I know tha cartoon is sarcastic, but in essence……I DO HAVE hope that what we will get in our returns will benefit us greatly. It's just so sad to be put in this position in the first place because of poor front office people that suck at their jobs and make the fans suffer and pay for it.

I am a Sox fan for life and will support and watch them, even when there are people under the leadership helm making decisions that I have no control over.

While I agree that we haven't developed a ton of talent, we haven't had this level of talent to work with probably ever. Much easier to develop talent when it's actually good to start with. Better drafting, a deep minors system, and what seems to finally be a belief that "hey, this s*** isn't working anymore" has me looking forward to them in a few years.

...That is until the first time we're a few games up in June and they're tempted to trade away a bunch of prospects for an old guy.

I root for the laundry. It doesn't hurt me anymore seeing Sale move on then it did Derrick Rose. As an adult fan now, there are no more heroes like Frank and Robin for me, just guys that I root for when they are Sox. Sure I like some players more than others and will follow their careers regardless but these moves have given the Sox the best chance IMO to win another WS before I hit 40. I'll take it.

In total agreement with everyone this thread and others. I think what we are getting back now, and with whoever we trade off in upcoming weeks CAN be a great asset. I didnlt mean for this to be a doom and gloom thread. My whole things was, that its pretty sad when ownership puts us in this position to have to sell everyone off, and then most of the same ones that are running the helm, are the same ones that caused the issue in the 1st place. Am HOPING as others have mentioned elsewhere that as all the players that we obtain become major league ready, that when that time comes, that MAYBE just MAYBE we will have new ownership, and the likes of KW and Buddy Bell will be long gone. JR's loyalty to KW Buddy and RV, has been KILLING us. PLUS when the kids are ready to make an impact, we may have a ton of extra money to spend on the holes that may be there at that time. I "DO" believe the future can be REAL bright. I just believe that we have to weather it out the next 2 years and then see what plays out. LASTLY, nice to see Hahn is playing hard ball and making sure we get a haul before pulling triggers.