Danks to the Braves

BlackSox13

"The Braves have agreed to a minor-league deal with left John Danks, according to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports (via Twitter). Danks, 31, was said to be seeking a comeback opportunity."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/brav...p;post-id=80434

Colon, Dickey, the trade for Garcia and now the Danks signing. I think this shows Atlanta was never going to cough up the prospects for Sale or Q.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 02:24 AM)
Funny how we couldn't wait to get rid of Danks because he was so bad, only to turn around and trade for James Shields'. Oh the irony. :lol:

pretty much the whole season went in the crapper as soon as they cut danks. who knew that would be the turning point.

god last year sucked.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 08:13 PM)
So, off the top of my head, we have Linebrink, Greg Walker/Scott Fletcher, AJ, Tyler Flowers, Bonifacio, Beckham, Danks all going to ATL after the Sox...who else?

Technically Flowers went back to ATL.

Wish nothing but the best for Danks. Hopefully he makes it. He always took the ball and did well for us before his injury. Will never forget #163.

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
Never thought that guy would throw another professional pitch ever again to be honest.

you mean MLB? He's a helluva a competitor he just had the single most devastating injury to a pitcher...and he's being paid nothing. Minor League deal he can be cut at any time.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 12:15 AM)
Correlation/causation and all that, but the Sox fell off the face of the earth after they DFA'd him. TWTW is off the charts.

But we could make the same argument/s about Latos and Rollins, even though Anderson put up better numbers.

Easier to blame it on the infamous Rangers disaster on May 6th.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 12:21 AM)
But we could make the same argument/s about Latos and Rollins, even though Anderson put up better numbers.

Easier to blame it on the infamous Rangers disaster on May 6th.

May 10th. I know, because I was there and it was my birthday present. There was a long rain delay, they came back, Avi cleared the bases with a double to put us up 10-5. It was late and our 1 y/o needed to get to bed, and I figured it was over, so I agreed with my wife that we could leave. Our season ended a few minutes after we walked in our front door.

Edited by StrykerSox

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 12:06 AM)
you mean MLB? He's a helluva a competitor he just had the single most devastating injury to a pitcher...and he's being paid nothing. Minor League deal he can be cut at any time.

I would put a rotator cuff injury as more devastating than a capsular repair, but the point is taken.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 08:17 AM)
May 10th. I know, because I was there and it was my birthday present. There was a long rain delay, they came back, Avi cleared the bases with a double to put us up 10-5. It was late and our 1 y/o needed to get to bed, and I figured it was over, so I agreed with my wife that we could leave. Our season ended a few minutes after we walked in our front door.

Yep.

It was all downhill from there. Reality set in.

Mark