All-In?? (joking)

he gone.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 12:45 PM)
As always, a great way to let less interesting discussion die is to not respond to it with your own uninteresting opinion.

This is true. I just have no idea how any person thinks that they aren't in a fairly substantial rebuild. It's very obvious that they aren't done and they aren't going to turn around and buy. It keeps getting talked about though. I keep taking the bait though like an idiot because it's a stupid opinion.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 12:47 PM)
This is true. I just have no idea how any person thinks that they aren't in a fairly substantial rebuild. It's very obvious that they aren't done and they aren't going to turn around and buy. It keeps getting talked about though. I keep taking the bait though like an idiot because it's a stupid opinion.

I agree with you that it's a ridiculous conspiracy theory when all signs point to rebuild.

I don't think its necessary for people to just turn this entire thread into trashing OP. Jimmy, you have good stuff to say, drive it there.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Yeah, Drake LaRoche conspiracy threads are far more compelling.

lol

Like I said, nobody can even post anything that is thought provoking. Read the post, I never said that it happened, I said that there is a chance. So far again the only 2 players who were traded were Sale/Eaton. If you dont think that businesses get rid of employees because they have problems with management, then I have a bridge in brooklyn for sale.

. Well see how this all goes, but there is definitely a chance

OMG I said "Lets see how this goes" OMG I said "there is a chance".

So crazy!

If you dont think its interesting that the only 2 players the Sox traded were outspoken against the management, thats your choice. No idea why people wouldnt be interested in discussing actual evidence.

But hey, I was here before any of the arbitrary "This board sucked", so I guess maybe some people need to start looking in the mirror, because maybe they are the reason.

;)

Oh and I never said that the Sox arent in a rebuild, just that if April rolls around and the Sox have only traded Eaton/Sale, then what does it say.

Again, sorry for discussing an alternative outcome based on the evidence as of today. But the problem is, none of you needed to come into this thread. The thread was clearly "devils advocate" and a place to discuss "non-conforming" ideas.

But again, that doesnt seem to be possible on this board at the present time.

And for the record, I do believe that the Sox are actively trying to trade and rebuild. But its just so boring to read twitter rumors all day.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
I agree with you that it's a ridiculous conspiracy theory when all signs point to rebuild.

I don't think its necessary for people to just turn this entire thread into trashing OP. Jimmy, you have good stuff to say, drive it there.

Because you are actually arguing a point that no one is disagreeing with.

Not one person has said "the Sox arent rebuilding", you just keep pushing that false narrative to be right.

I guess that maybe is exciting, I dont know. But the first person said "to be devils advocate", my post said "well see what happens" and "a chance".

None of that is conclusively saying "they arent rebuilding".

But again, you cant even discuss non-conforming ideas on this board without being forcefully shouted down. I just wanted to throw some support towards the OP because I personally believe the board is better when you have non-conforming discussion.

Thats just me, I dont need to make up arguments for other people to prove that I am a superior at speculation.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
lol

Like I said, nobody can even post anything that is thought provoking. Read the post, I never said that it happened, I said that there is a chance. So far again the only 2 players who were traded were Sale/Eaton. If you dont think that businesses get rid of employees because they have problems with management, then I have a bridge in brooklyn for sale.

OMG I said "Lets see how this goes" OMG I said "there is a chance".

So crazy!

If you dont think its interesting that the only 2 players the Sox traded were outspoken against the management, thats your choice. No idea why people wouldnt be interested in discussing actual evidence.

But hey, I was here before any of the arbitrary "This board sucked", so I guess maybe some people need to start looking in the mirror, because maybe they are the reason.

;)

Oh and I never said that the Sox arent in a rebuild, just that if April rolls around and the Sox have only traded Eaton/Sale, then what does it say.

Again, sorry for discussing an alternative outcome based on the evidence as of today. But the problem is, none of you needed to come into this thread. The thread was clearly "devils advocate" and a place to discuss "non-conforming" ideas.

But again, that doesnt seem to be possible on this board at the present time.

And for the record, I do believe that the Sox are actively trying to trade and rebuild. But its just so boring to read twitter rumors all day.

Exactly! No one is saying anything other than...hmmm. It's almost just pointing out the irony that the only 2 players traded (so far) were the ones who were most outspoken against management. Not just Drakegate, but they seemed to clash many times and publically. No one is dumb here, the quality of the site has not dropped--nothing is sad. Just a group of people discussing their team--pointing out a thought. Certain threads aren't for everyone--there are many that I pass on and some that draw me into that particular thought. I apologize to those who thought ill will of those of us who responded to the thought. Intentions were pure.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
Exactly! No one is saying anything other than...hmmm. It's almost just pointing out the irony that the only 2 players traded (so far) were the ones who were most outspoken against management. Not just Drakegate, but they seemed to clash many times and publically. No one is dumb here, the quality of the site has not dropped--nothing is sad. Just a group of people discussing their team--pointing out a thought. Certain threads aren't for everyone--there are many that I pass on and some that draw me into that particular thought. I apologize to those who thought ill will of those of us who responded to the thought. Intentions were pure.

The two players traded so far were also arguably our two most valuable assets. There is no conspiracy here and the idea that our front office would fake a rebuild in order to trade two guys they didn't like is beyond f***ing stupid.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 01:43 PM)
The two players traded so far were also arguably our two most valuable assets. There is no conspiracy here and the idea that our front office would fake a rebuild in order to trade two guys they didn't like is beyond f***ing stupid.

The lesson probably learned from Eaton is that a player that made sense to keep due to years of control may have been traded because the club did not like attitude, not that the club was only trading players with attitude problems.

QUOTE (BRIRO2017 @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
Well he's right about the thread. Completely retarded.

As the person who started this thread id like to hear what was so "retarded" about my post.

The Bautista thing is dumb, I forgot about the comp pick. I am against that. But I'd like to hear from the mr know it all sox fan how signing people like rasmus and revere to one or two year deals is dumb and a retarded idea?

Look at our AAA and major league team right now. Signing these guys isn't blocking anybody. Rasmus got a $17 QO offer last year. How does taking a 1-2 year flier on him hurt? What if he does well. Don't you think we can flip him for something?

Id love to discuss actual thoughts. But your language makes me think you're the type of fan that doesn't add much to convos.

My idea makes sense. It's basically still selling off everybody, but not necessarily doing it immediately. There's not a huge market for Frazier and Melky right now so why not hold onto them for a half season and trade them later. Is it so crazy to field a decent team and try to acquire 1-2 year deals on guys you can flip in a best case scenario? Just cause we sold the first two guys doesn't mean we have to trade the next 5 by January

As the person who started this thread id like to hear what was so "retarded" about my post.

The Bautista thing is dumb, I forgot about the comp pick. I am against that. But I'd like to hear from the mr know it all sox fan how signing people like rasmus and revere to one or two year deals is dumb and a retarded idea?

Look at our AAA and major league team right now. Signing these guys isn't blocking anybody. Rasmus got a $17 QO offer last year. How does taking a 1-2 year flier on him hurt? What if he does well. Don't you think we can flip him for something?

Id love to discuss actual thoughts. But your language makes me think you're the type of fan that doesn't add much to convos.

My idea makes sense. It's basically still selling off everybody, but not necessarily doing it immediately. There's not a huge market for Frazier and Melky right now so why not hold onto them for a half season and trade them later. Is it so crazy to field a decent team and try to acquire 1-2 year deals on guys you can flip in a best case scenario? Just cause we sold the first two guys doesn't mean we have to trade the next 5 by January

Poor choice of words. Sorry. Actually, I respect your posts more than most. I mostly meant the title was bad.