Paulie

Dick Allen

With his 2 GIDPs last night, Paulie's season total is 27. Jim Rice grounded into 36 in 1984. Too bad JM had Paulie ride a lot of pine earlier, or he could have made baseball history this season.

and if started 20 games he coulda lost 20 games like MAroth....... but he didnt so whats the point? He's slow..... we know

With his 2 GIDPs last night, Paulie's season total is 27. Jim Rice grounded into 36 in 1984. Too bad JM had Paulie ride a lot of pine earlier, or he could have made baseball history this season.

I wonder how many of those 27 GIDPs he was out at first by just a step. I say that because Paulie loves to stand at the plate for a second after hitting the ball, slam his bat down, shake his head, and THEN decides it's time to run to 1st base to try to beat the throw. I know of atleast 1 in the last MIN series where he wasn't out by much and probably would have made it if not for his GIDP ritual at the plate.

I wonder how many of those 27 GIDPs he was out at first by just a step.  I say that because Paulie loves to stand at the plate for a second after hitting the ball, slam his bat down, shake his head, and THEN decides it's time to run to 1st base to try to beat the throw.  I know of atleast 1 in the last MIN series where he wasn't out by much and probably would have made it if not for his GIDP ritual at the plate.

Probably one.

Paulie runs like he is carrying a piano.

Makes you wonder why the "hit and run" strategy was never used doesn't it? I don't care if the "runner" was on crutches, if you are that prone to the GIDP give the runner an extra step going to 2nd base, Maybe a lot of it was the 1st pitch swing all the time. I don't know, I am just rambling on this one because this is one problem area you just can't excuse. It killed us many a game.