The FutureSox Podcast is back! New and improved!

NorthSideSox72

We've been asked for months about resurrecting the Podcast, and we've finally done it. Rob and Brian are your new hosts, and in the first episode, their guest is Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish.

Go here for the details and download/listen options.

Comment here if you have requests on future topics of discussion, or special guests!

Nice podcast, I turned off an hour of Dan Bernstein to listen to some White Sox baseball talk. Please keep talking about the guys in the minors so that I can continue to educate myself as a fan. If it's not too much trouble to discuss and define advanced baseball stats that are referenced on this site, I would love hearing about those as well.

Brian, Rob ...

Outstanding, guys.

Substantively, the two of you delivered the goods -- lots of well-researched material, keen insights, and informed speculation. Serious listening for serious fans.

As entertainment, professional, polished, and entertaining. Wayne's World is a great comedy, but I don't want that as part of a podcast in my areas of interest. Nothing of the sort with this one.

Thanks for your efforts, hard-work, professionalism, and expertise. I listened via the Pocket Casts app (highly recommended) and I'll be checking in for new episodes as they become available. Now let's kick the Yankees, Pirates, and Rockies into action so we can have Quintana trade talk on the next podcast!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/dail...0904-story.html

According to this, Scott Merkin should be around 51-52 years old.

In that position, dream job, I think he'd stay as long as he possibly could. Especially to wait out the fruits of this rebuilding process which should have been started after 2012/13 but was deferred.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 05:06 PM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/dail...0904-story.html

According to this, Scott Merkin should be around 51-52 years old.

In that position, dream job, I think he'd stay as long as he possibly could. Especially to wait out the fruits of this rebuilding process which should have been started after 2012/13 but was deferred.

Maybe I should have been more specific and stated, "when Merkin retires in 20 or so years..."

Dave Wills had a slightly different background. One of my faves, along with Rooney and Wayne Hagin.

Going back even more, Rob Gallas and then also his son Chris worked in PR with the Hickory Crawdads but not sure whatever became of him.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christopher-gal...&_mSplash=1

There's the answer. Interesting career after what seemed to be a pretty high level position for NASCAR in his mid 20's.

The danger is bouncing around all over the place, but changing and challenging environments is a major part of the allure.

Isn't Bob Grim closing in on retirement age?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 2, 2017 -> 08:34 AM)
I appreciate the kind words about the podcast towards Rob and I. We plan to record every other week during the season and we'll record as needed during the offseason. If I could speak for Rob, the kind words and support from here and other places are humbling and motivate us to put together a better product. However, I was "producing" this one and I am nothing near an audio engineer but I will figure out how to improve the audio quality moving forward as I was not totally happy with what we got in the first one.

As for hi8us's comment about Merkin, I am going to assume he was being facetious, hah. If not, I do know Scott and he is 50 and entirely content with his job. I have no requisite experience to do that job and I couldn't ever do what Merk does. A lot of people think I am trying to get a job with the Sox but that's simply not the case. Anyone who works with or around the Sox understands they don't hire Sox fans for media positions and I am not even qualified to work in media anyways. Take a look at all the people they have hired for positions to speak with fans: Rongey (Cards fan growing up), Merkin (Cubs fan growing up), Hayes (A's/Giants fan growing up) and McKnight (Cubs fan). The one exception would be Garfien. I love writing for FS though and it never gets old when you're writing for a site that has grown and always expanded during the duration of my time there. That's only going to continue too.

I was being serious ( somewhat ) - for once :D

Intentional or not, you'd be a great asset to the Sox publishing arm - should that ever become an ambition.