**2017 Films Thread** (Beware of spoilers)

caulfield12

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 11:35 AM)
It just didn't come together as a movie for me.

They kinda sorta explain why they put together the SS in the first place, but it's very loose. Then all the sudden, wouldn't you know it, they are needed.....to fight a villain we know NOTHING about, what the motive is, and why we should care.

I still don't really understand what the motive of the Joker was either, how he really fit into anything.

I liked when the team all sort of came together at the end, there were some solid scenes, but I just found myself not invested in anything, it was all over the place.

Thing is, I agree with pretty much all of your critiques. That said, it was pretty much just a stupid, mindless action movie for me that I found enjoyable. I said it in the DC thread but this one kept me entertained while BvS I found ridiculously boring to go on top of the stupid ass story.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)
Kristen Wiig and Steve Carrell's bit was pretty amazing actually about the first time they ever saw an animated film in the theater.

Am kinda bummed that LA LA LAND did so well. I really enjoyed the film, but I thought Ryan Gosling was terrible in it, and so wooden and lacked any chemistry with Emma Stone whatsoever.

I couldnt disagree more, they have amazing chemistry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2017 -> 08:20 AM)
Manchester by the Sea was pretty good, but super depressing and gave me zero closure. I also hate Affleck's character and want to punch him in the face.

I was not a fan, especially for the reasons you listed. While some of the dialog might have been pretty realistic it just didn't keep me interested and I also wanted to just punch the guy.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Feb 27, 2017 -> 09:02 AM)
I was not a fan, especially for the reasons you listed. While some of the dialog might have been pretty realistic it just didn't keep me interested and I also wanted to just punch the guy.

Yeah, I ended up hating his character. I assume getting those emotions from me is kind of the point, but I really would have changed the plot line just a bit.

“PwC takes full responsibility for the series of mistakes and breaches of established protocols during last night’s Oscars,” the new statement says. “PwC partner Brian Cullinan mistakenly handed the back-up envelope for Actress in a Leading Role instead of the envelope for Best Picture to presenters Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. Once the error occurred, protocols for correcting it were not followed through quickly enough by Mr. Cullinan or his partner.”

Cullinan was one of two PwC partners charged with bringing the envelopes to the Dolby Theatre and then handing the appropriate envelope to each presenter as the various categories were called. In the wake of mix-up, it’s since been learned that Cullinan also was tweeting during the event and had tweeted a picture of best actress winner Emma Stone just minutes before he handed the wrong envelope to Warren Beatty.

The new PwC statement continues, “We are deeply sorry for the disappointment suffered by the cast and crew of La La Land and Moonlight. We sincerely apologize to Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, Jimmy Kimmel, ABC, and the Academy, none of whom was at fault for last night’s errors. We wish to extend our deepest gratitude to each of them for the graciousness they displayed during such a difficult moment. For the past 83 years, the Academy has entrusted PwC with the integrity of the awards process during the ceremony, and last night we failed the Academy.”

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/academy-oscar-...-044028648.html

When you see see Logan, make sure you're seated for the very beginning.

Saw the movie last night and the hype is real. I can see this getting some awards love, especially Patrick Stewart. Hugh Jackman's best turn as Logan and Dafnee Keene was a scene stealer, hard to believe that was her first acting role ever.

Great movie, like a cross between X2, No Country For Old Men and the Searchers.

Can't forget Little Miss Sunshine

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 2, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
When you see see Logan, make sure you're seated for the very beginning.

Saw the movie last night and the hype is real. I can see this getting some awards love, especially Patrick Stewart. Hugh Jackman's best turn as Logan and Dafnee Keene was a scene stealer, hard to believe that was her first acting role ever.

Great movie, like a cross between X2, No Country For Old Men and the Searchers.

It actually looks good to me and I'm not a fan of either solo Wolverine move nor most of the X-Men franchise movies (there's more than one X-Men, Singer! The movies are called X-Men, not X-Man).

Edited by soxfan2014