2017 Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 08:38 AM)
Absolutely, I like theirs, I also like the ones at Q as well. I dont know about anyone else but I get super pissed when BBQ places dont offer them, or when their brisket sucks. Piggyback in Forest Park has good ribs, but their brisket is literally rubber. That turns me off bigly.

My approach to BBQ has turned into how I have always approached Mexican food. I have different favorite places according to what I know I am going to order specifically.

I have a favorite taco place but its not where I am going to order enchiladas. I have a favorite enchilada place but its not where I order chile rellenos. I have a favorite pozole place that I would never get anything other than that there.

I now do the same with the BBQ. Different favorites according to the cut of meat and on some days sides matter. I am a huge fan of good sides with my food. LOL

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that so many tv shows and sports on tv are next to impossible to hear? It's like the background noise is always louder than the dialogue and announcers. I have nice flat screens and sound systems, but too often I can't hear the show I'm watching. I think I was happier with my 900lb 32" magnavox. Didn't look great, but at least I wasn't constantly turning to whoever I'm watching with and saying, "what did he say?"

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 12:41 AM)
Why is it that so many tv shows and sports on tv are next to impossible to hear? It's like the background noise is always louder than the dialogue and announcers. I have nice flat screens and sound systems, but too often I can't hear the show I'm watching. I think I was happier with my 900lb 32" magnavox. Didn't look great, but at least I wasn't constantly turning to whoever I'm watching with and saying, "what did he say?"

You're old.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 12:41 AM)

There should be a setting on your tv where you can enhance the vocals

Anybody ever heard of this new dumpster/trash company named Rubicon? It's a new start-up that claims to be the "Uber" of trash companies and are all environmentally friendly. They seem to be offering a great price to switch to them, but still haven't figured out what the catch is.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)
It's is pretty cool, and each pod has heaters so it's open all winter in Chicago.

Yeah, it was a bit chilly here last night...but you would have never known it with those heaters on. They definitely did not mess around when they built those places.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 26, 2017 -> 06:40 PM)
Yeah, it was a bit chilly here last night...but you would have never known it with those heaters on. They definitely did not mess around when they built those places.

Yeah I love top golf, at least the newer ones. I've been to the one in Scottsdale a bunch of times but I hear the Vegas one puts them all to shame.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2017 -> 05:14 PM)
It's is pretty cool, and each pod has heaters so it's open all winter in Chicago.

I didnt know this, I have been saying for the longest time that I am going to check this place out and never have.

Anyone ever take cooking classes? My side passion in life is cooking and I only really have skills and techniques ive picked up from other people and I'd like some formal instruction.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 04:10 PM)
Anyone ever take cooking classes? My side passion in life is cooking and I only really have skills and techniques ive picked up from other people and I'd like some formal instruction.

A good friend of mine quit practicing law and went to culinary school with the goal of opening a food truck to serve the Tesla Gigafactory this Fall.

I think she went to a school that is affiliated with Martha Stewart.

This week I'm recovering from having about 4.5 inches wide and an inch high removed from my front right side, because I have melanoma (skin cancer). More fun!

Stage 1- means it's beyond the first layer of the skin but not into the organs. Ok, that IS actually fun news. They're also removing my left earlobe. WHEEE. I'm going to utilize my wife's fancy health insurance and see a plastic surgeon. I already started behind the 8 ball handsomeness-wise, so removing an earlobe ain't gonna help.

Anyway, fingers crossed they got the margins necessary with Monday's surgery.

The moral of the story? This was caught during a routine skin exam with a dermatologist. I have fair skin and red hair so RED ALERT, but if you have the means, go ahead and schedule one as it could save your life.

Edited by Steve9347