2017 Video Game Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 10:13 AM)
Not sure how close you’ve followed it, but Battlefront 2 has taken a TON of heat since launch about the progesssion system and “pay2win” type development.

I honestly haven’t found that to be true, if you are good at the game the progression system is fine. I’ve really enjoyed my time on the game thus far.

How long have you had it? I think they disabled the P2P system last week

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 07:39 AM)
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

2 of the top 5 games of all time are on switch. If there's anyone still on the fence, I suggest getting off.

IGN just did a top 25 best games on Switch and I think I own 18 of them. The vast majority of them are indie games, but just having Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in the system’s first 8 months is more than reason enough to own the console.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 11:41 PM)
How much do you want to know? Played through it a few days ago.

It's a fun story, especially if you are even mildly interested in Star Wars. I will say if you aren't going to play multiplayer, $60 for the single player campaign isn't worth it.

I heard it was unspectacular and a basic story. I know the length so I'm going to wait for a sale and get it in a year or 2. Just curious if it's even worth playing at all. I am a Star Wars fan so I'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 12:24 PM)
IGN just did a top 25 best games on Switch and I think I own 18 of them. The vast majority of them are indie games, but just having Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in the system’s first 8 months is more than reason enough to own the console.

425 moons. So much left to do

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 07:39 AM)
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

2 of the top 5 games of all time are on switch. If there's anyone still on the fence, I suggest getting off.

I don't think I even began to climb that fence, as I would be paying $200, or whatever the Switch costs, just to play the new Mario games. Nintendo systems always interest me, but the games rarely do.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 09:50 PM)
OK yeah, so I'll wait until it's

When the trailer came out, I was SO beyond excited. Then as the early reviews and nuggets came out suggesting it's just a "Fine, here's some campaign missions" type storyline, I lost all interest.

I would cream my jeans for an open world Star Wars experience. Maybe this can become a thing when the new triology of Star Wars movies begin, and there is more leeway to make up new stories and characters?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 09:34 PM)
425 moons. So much left to do

It’s wild how big this game is. I’m at like 550 moons and feel like there’s probably another 30 hours or so of content if I decide to 100% it. I actually decided to start CoD: WW2 last night as I needed a breather. Finding the last couple moons in each kingdom can be super tough at times.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 02:36 AM)
When the trailer came out, I was SO beyond excited. Then as the early reviews and nuggets came out suggesting it's just a "Fine, here's some campaign missions" type storyline, I lost all interest.

I would cream my jeans for an open world Star Wars experience. Maybe this can become a thing when the new triology of Star Wars movies begin, and there is more leeway to make up new stories and characters?

Star Wars has a MMORPG on computer, Star Wars the Old Republic. It was a pretty good game, but EA just completely neglected it.

They really just need a new developer besides for EA.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 07:20 PM)
Star Wars has a MMORPG on computer, Star Wars the Old Republic. It was a pretty good game, but EA just completely neglected it.

They really just need a new developer besides for EA.

Who would take over? Ubisoft? They're the only other one that would come to mind that is capable of putting out the amount of content. Disney is probably best off going the Marvel track and handpicking studios fit for each genre as opposed to limiting themselves to a single publisher.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 11:08 PM)
Who would take over? Ubisoft? They're the only other one that would come to mind that is capable of putting out the amount of content. Disney is probably best off going the Marvel track and handpicking studios fit for each genre as opposed to limiting themselves to a single publisher.

Let Rockstar take over. I want to be able to play as Jabba, fondling slave women all day, or fly around on my speeder bike, decapitating Ewoks with my light saber.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 23, 2017 -> 12:14 AM)
Let Rockstar take over. I want to be able to play as Jabba, fondling slave women all day, or fly around on my speeder bike, decapitating Ewoks with my light saber.

Rockstar is printing money with GTA V, they’re not paying for a Star Wars license they don’t need to sell games.

As for EA, I believe their licensing agreement runs another five years, so expect to be dissapointed with Star Wars games for a while. They even just decided to completely reboot a big story-centric Star Wars game that had been in development for multiple years because it was too “linear” and lacked games as a service characteristics. Developing a good single player Star Wars game should be a no brainer, but EA doesn’t appear to have much interest in delivering what fans actually want and will continue to push of flawed, micro-transaction fueled offerings like BF2.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 23, 2017 -> 04:11 PM)
It seems like Disney stepped in and said cut the s*** out with the micro transactions because it's making their brand look bad.

Not just looking bad. Some governments are starting to view real money lootboxes as a form of gambling. Can't imagine Disney wants their games to be off limits for those under 21 years old.