2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 07:54 AM)
Holy s*** was last nights episode of Sherlock amazing. It was almost what the movie Saw set out to be, but totally failed at.

It was a great episode and a great season.

That seemed like it was probably the end of the series though which is too bad.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jan 18, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
It was a great episode and a great season.

That seemed like it was probably the end of the series though which is too bad.

I agree that it had that feeling to it. Hopefully that isn't it, but at the same time, that is a great place to end it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 18, 2017 -> 03:38 PM)
Yep...I got the exact same feeling, that it was all over.

In general though, I thought this was by far the worst season. Might be that I would have liked to see them interweve some other things into the last episode, that said, worst season of sherlock still is amongst the best season of any show ever (cause the show is so freaking fantastic).

I read where the general belief is they probably will be back for another season, but the hiatus might be closer to 3 years. Seems like everyone generally wants to do it again and the ratings are obviously very strong, etc. Problem is, all of the key players have a lot of other near term committments.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 12:46 AM)
Just finished Sneaky Pete.

Holy s*** that was good

Just started this last night.

The cast is pretty solid and the behind the camera talent makes me pretty confident I'll be enjoying this one.

Graham Yost (Justified & The Americans), David Shore (House) and of course Bryan Cranston

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 06:58 AM)
My wife and I plowed through the first three seasons of Rectify in about 2 weeks. We're now watching the last season on demand. One of the best shows ever. So well written, and every character is developed.

best show nobody watched :P

I loved it :)

I know there was a few of us here who watched Vikings...I have to ask......

Am I the only one who lost interest once Ragnar died? I just have little to no interest in the sons. Though the oldest teaming with Rollo was interesting for a bit.

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 03:10 AM)
I know there was a few of us here who watched Vikings...I have to ask......

Am I the only one who lost interest once Ragnar died? I just have little to no interest in the sons. Though the oldest teaming with Rollo was interesting for a bit.

I will admit the only interest I had was to see how they took care of that situation. Now it will be interesting how they pick up those pieces going forward. I mean I get that is the history here, so you really couldn't change that part, but at the same time, he is the center of the show until now.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 05:58 AM)
I wish I could stop watching the Curse of Oak Island

it's like an hour a week of watching Geraldo open up Al Capone's vault :(

i know how you feel. i fast forward through a lot of that show. i do like when they talk about the history part of it all.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 05:58 AM)
I wish I could stop watching the Curse of Oak Island

it's like an hour a week of watching Geraldo open up Al Capone's vault :(

I think i watched two seasons of that and then have forgoteen it was on.

Watching Justified. Walter Goggins could be my favorite actor.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:18 AM)
I think i watched two seasons of that and then have forgoteen it was on.

Watching Justified. Walter Goggins could be my favorite actor.

Still one of my favorite shows ever. Justified is so incredibly under appreciated.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)
What is this show like? Any shows you think compare well to is?

I love HBO but I've been hesitant to watch this. Seems a little weird for me.

Hmm that's a tricky question to answer for this show. It is weird, and it isn't afraid to be weird.

Quick synopsis without giving away much: A young (45ish) pope gets elected after a stalemate in voting for older candidates. He was supposed to be controllable, but instead he is an ego-maniac, brilliant, politician who has a crazy idea to get the church back in power (which many, many disagree with). He has a history that led him here including being abandoned by his parents.

To me, Jude Law's character is definitely intriguing, you want to know how this idea of his will work out. You don't believe it will, but at the same time he wins political battle after political battle so you don't really know just how capable he is. The history of his parents is a bit contrived but I guess necessary to provide context as to how this guy became himself. I also find it incredibly interesting that

he himself as pope questions if God is real.

The show won't be for everyone, but I'm willing to stick with it to see where it goes.