2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

So was the Cartel leader in the begging scene of BCS the same guy they came to kill in one of the late season BB episodes? I vaguely recall a scene where they went back to Mexico and there was a shootout at a Cartel leader's home.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 3, 2017 -> 09:52 AM)
So was the Cartel leader in the begging scene of BCS the same guy they came to kill in one of the late season BB episodes? I vaguely recall a scene where they went back to Mexico and there was a shootout at a Cartel leader's home.

Yes, Don Eladio was the guy Gus poisons with the tequila in Breaking Bad.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 3, 2017 -> 08:01 AM)
Yes, Don Eladio was the guy Gus poisons with the tequila in Breaking Bad.

Ah ok, thanks.

Also, anyone else want to have 15 minutes with a crowbar and Chuck tied to a chair?

The last episode of BCS was a little confusing. So this is like 20-25 years after Hector kills Gus' partner right? So why does it suddenly seem like Gus hates him? This feud/hatred should be running extremely deep by now.

A few of the things make me want to go back and watch the later scenes in Breaking Bad to figure them out.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ May 4, 2017 -> 01:12 AM)
Also, any idea why Kim said "Bingo!" at the end of the episode? I couldn't figure out what trick they pulled.

They want Chuck to play the tape in court. My guess is so they can argue that Jimmy wasn't committing a crime and was just trying to tell Chuck what he wanted to hear in order to console him. In the tape at the end Jimmy says "You feel better, right?" I assume that's the angle they're going for.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 4, 2017 -> 10:05 AM)
They want Chuck to play the tape in court. My guess is so they can argue that Jimmy wasn't committing a crime and was just trying to tell Chuck what he wanted to hear in order to console him. In the tape at the end Jimmy says "You feel better, right?" I assume that's the angle they're going for.

Good call! I am looking forward to it. I think it will be Jimmy's big win or feel good moment for the fans before he turns into Saul.

Does anyone else have a Roku tv?

Got a Roku TV and have been watching Amazon shows through our Prime Account and thinking about getting Netflix.

What irritates me the most is that CBS/Paramount/Nick/HGtv/Food on Roku is restricted from being viewed by XFinity customers.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 8, 2017 -> 12:13 PM)
Does anyone else have a Roku tv?

Got a Roku TV and have been watching Amazon shows through our Prime Account and thinking about getting Netflix.

What irritates me the most is that CBS/Paramount/Nick/HGtv/Food on Roku is restricted from being viewed by XFinity customers.

Step 1: buy an Amazon Firestick ($40).

Step 2: download the apps Kodi and Exodus on said firestick.

Step 3: now you can watch every show and movie ever.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 8, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)
It's official. This season of The Americans blows.

Yeah I'm usually the first to defend shows that are slow burns, but this season has slowed to a crawl. Nothing is happening and this is the penultimate season. Just disappointing.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 8, 2017 -> 02:32 PM)
Yeah I'm usually the first to defend shows that are slow burns, but this season has slowed to a crawl. Nothing is happening and this is the penultimate season. Just disappointing.

I've enjoyed this season, a lot of things are setting up to what could/hopefully will be a great end to this season to set up a fantastic final season.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 8, 2017 -> 11:32 AM)

"Hey let's reintroduce the young girl Philip is dating even though it's been about 15 episodes since we last saw her. Let's also pretend that they've been hanging out this entire time even though she's never been brought up over that time frame."

Took a few months, but my wife and I got caught up on House of Cards. Other than the handful of "wtf?" moments that seemed totally out of place and only there for shock value (season 2, meachum), I think it's a pretty solid show.