2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

I was on the edge of my seat for Mr. Robot.

It was pretty funny watching Elliot's body fly all over the place like he was beating himself up. I thought they were going to end the episode before showing the TV screens at the end, I am glad they didn't

Edited by BigHurt3515

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 18, 2017 -> 04:49 PM)
Just where in the hell are they getting all this ammo on the Walking Dead to have these massive shootouts every week?!?

Lol...good lord.

The same place they are getting all the gasoline to drive their cars around everywhere.

It apparently never ever goes bad or runs out. They've got to be 2 or 3 years into this thing right? Based on how old Judith is now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
I will be interested in your opinion when you finish. I liked legion. Punisher is straight off the comic authentic

It's hard for me to get super excited about The Punisher. I loved the comic as a kid but there's not a ton of substance to the character/storyline. He's pretty much an earlier version of John Wick...which is essentially cool but I feel like there's not a lot you can get out of it. Hopefully, I'm proven wrong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 01:07 PM)
It's hard for me to get super excited about The Punisher. I loved the comic as a kid but there's not a ton of substance to the character/storyline. He's pretty much an earlier version of John Wick...which is essentially cool but I feel like there's not a lot you can get out of it. Hopefully, I'm proven wrong.

My son and I got sucked into the Punisher the other night. It's pretty damn good...I was pleasantly surprised.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 05:01 PM)
My son and I got sucked into the Punisher the other night. It's pretty damn good...I was pleasantly surprised.

I have 3 episodes left so will finish it tonight. Unless they really funk it up, I would be willing to put it up there w/Daredevil season 1 as the best (so far)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 12:07 PM)

I felt the same way...was pretty meh about it....and gotta tell I couldn't have been more wrong. It was AMAZING!!! Absolutely loved it!....

The last two episodes of Punisher are intense. My brother and i talked about how squeamish we were when

he killed Rawlins by gouging his eyes out

And you know what, there was some depth to it. Franks story was flashed out very well and Micro also has a good part

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 24, 2017 -> 11:31 AM)
I watched the first couple seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm a long time ago and basically forgot. So I’ve been watching the show through again. I though it started up really slow but now In season 3 And loving it. What is considered the best season or best run for Curb?

They all have a place in my heart.

I'm watching it now and currently halfway through Season 8. They're all pretty good but I agree with flavum that Season 3 is probably the best although Seasons 4-6 are right there with 3. Leon is my favorite character on the show and he doesn't show up until Season 6.

Mr Robot

They are really pushing the time travel thing hard now. I'm actually starting to believe it's a red herring based on that email that Elliot read at the end. Did anyone else pick up on the slightly obscure time travel reference with the song they played at the end?

It's the song they played in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when they went into the future. I recognized it immediately when it started playing.