2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
Caught the first episode last night. I was totally lost for about 35 minutes but it came together at the end. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.

Godless. Yeah...that's how I was. Watched 1st and 2nd episode...and got sucked in. Jeff Daniels is great....

Has that one chick in it too that was Kicking Birds wife in Dances With Wolves...and she had a quick part in Wind River.

Edited by Wanne

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
The last two episodes of Punisher are intense. My brother and i talked about how squeamish we were when

he killed Rawlins by gouging his eyes out

And you know what, there was some depth to it. Franks story was flashed out very well and Micro also has a good part

Saw that they picked up Punisher for another season. Pretty stoked....loved the first season.

QUOTE (william_the_8 @ Dec 26, 2017 -> 07:17 AM)
Thanks for sharing this. I was struck with the way the real Kemper speaks. Like he's delivering a lecture. Very emotional intonations, words. Amazingly weird. He could have been a perfect actor (in a way he really was)

He was hyper aware of people and how they act when he was stalking them. He really was a great actor(as is the guy who played him)

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 27, 2017 -> 02:06 PM)
2 days from new Black Mirror!

I already watched all the new episodes.

Wasn't quite as good as previous seasons IMO.

USS Callister was the best of the bunch with Black Museum a close 2nd. Hang the DJ was ok. Crocodile was good (if not a bit unbelievable) right up until the morbid ending. Metalhead was completely pointless and boring. Arkangel had an interesting premise but again seemed pretty unbelievable.Why wouldn't the mom simply TALK to her kid instead of trying to completely control her life?

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 31, 2017 -> 03:01 PM)
My #BlackMirror s4 rankings.

1. USS Callister

2. Hang the DJ

3. Black Museum

(Above 3 are excellent)

3. Metalhead

4. Crocodile

(Above 2 are good)

5. Arkangel is ok.

Yea I could change the top 3 but overall that’s a good summary. I really wanted more story in crocodile.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 31, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
Yea I could change the top 3 but overall that’s a good summary. I really wanted more story in crocodile.

Definitely a waste of an interesting premise.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 31, 2017 -> 03:01 PM)
My #BlackMirror s4 rankings.

1. USS Callister

2. Hang the DJ

3. Black Museum

(Above 3 are excellent)

3. Metalhead

4. Crocodile

(Above 2 are good)

5. Arkangel is ok.

This is good. First season without a true standout episode, IMO. USS Callister was really good but can't really hang with the best from previous seasons. Arkangel is the worst of the series run along side Waldo.