2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 8, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)
It's official. This season of The Americans blows.

About to start the Americans.

Anyone watching Designated Survivor...it has good parts abut more times than not it's wtf stupid kind of like TWD where people do things that are just not something they would do.

Also anyone know where to watch Vikings second half of the last season and Ray Donovan. Trying to watch Homeland and Ray Donovan without a Showtime subscription and not having any luck.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 9, 2017 -> 10:43 AM)

Anyone watching Designated Survivor...it has good parts abut more times than not it's wtf stupid kind of like TWD where people do things that are just not something they would do.

Also anyone know where to watch Vikings second half of the last season and Ray Donovan. Trying to watch Homeland and Ray Donovan without a Showtime subscription and not having any luck.

DS is pretty solid most of the time, though there is usually at least 1 WTF are they doing moment in each show. In general I like it, though it can be unrealistic at times.

Vikings can be found on the history.com app if you have any sort of cable/dish subscription. You can sign in with your cable company account.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 9, 2017 -> 10:43 AM)

You can watch Vikings on Hulu, they just released the second half of season 4 on it last week.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
DS is pretty solid most of the time, though there is usually at least 1 WTF are they doing moment in each show. In general I like it, though it can be unrealistic at times.

Vikings can be found on the history.com app if you have any sort of cable/dish subscription. You can sign in with your cable company account.

The last season of Vikings was not on the app, I will try again.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2017 -> 11:55 AM)
Huel!

It was so obvious when Joe Derosa (I forget the character's name) says "he doesn't need to fit in tight spaces?" Hopefully Kuby makes an appearance at some point.

Also, was it on pupose that

the screen flashed when Chuck was losing it, or was it a glitch on my TV?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 11, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
Finally watched the episode last night. Damn that show is good. Surprised it doesn't get more buzz.

It gets the buzz that's warranted.

The whole thing is building toward God when we already waited 4 seasons of television worth to watch blow up. Anti-climactic.

The court room stuff has been the shows strength, while anything around Mike and Gus really feels forced.

I did truly enjoy the downfall of Chuck.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2017 -> 10:36 AM)
I know Billions used to be a big talk on here, but I haven't seen anything lately. Any thoughts on the finale?

I really liked this season and looking forward to seeing what happens next. I think it was pretty obvious that what happened was going to happen eventually.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 15, 2017 -> 05:18 PM)
Not yet. Sitting on the DVR as I catch up with other shows. You digging it so far?

Its early so not sure where its going yet. I personally like the premise and the fact its personifying gods in human form, but way to early to tell if it will be worth the time.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 15, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
Anyone else watching American Gods?

Slowly. I am enjoying it, surprisingly easy to watch considering the storytelling. But we are struggling to stay awake past 9pm now so hard to catch up on tv :(

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 16, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
Rosanne coming back.

I had been hearing rumors about this. Guess it's finally official.

How is Goodman coming back when it was revealed he died before the final season?

It's cool that companies are doing these reboots/reunion short seasons though. Harmless

QUOTE (Brian @ May 16, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
How is Goodman coming back when it was revealed he died before the final season?

It's cool that companies are doing these reboots/reunion short seasons though. Harmless

I thought I had read that they are going to say that he faked his death. Although that entire last season should probably be forgotten. Especially the last 5 minutes of the season finale where she destroyed the entire timeline of the show.