2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 16, 2017 -> 02:39 PM)
I thought I had read that they are going to say that he faked his death. Although that entire last season should probably be forgotten. Especially the last 5 minutes of the season finale where she destroyed the entire timeline of the show.

That last season was awful. Maybe she's writing a new book. SMH

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 16, 2017 -> 02:32 PM)
Waiting for Small Wonder to come back.

I have been waiting for Quantum Leap to get some kind of reboot or reunion run. Easy to do.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 16, 2017 -> 12:57 PM)
Veep has been up and down this season. Loved last week's episode but thought this recent one was pretty awful.

It has become unmoored from it's political commentary, and now is basically just using plot as a device to tell funny/dirty quips to each other.

I like the characters and it makes me laugh, so I watch it. But it's not much different than a CBS sitcom now (actually silicon valley is moving in same territory)

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 16, 2017 -> 02:39 PM)
I thought I had read that they are going to say that he faked his death. Although that entire last season should probably be forgotten. Especially the last 5 minutes of the season finale where she destroyed the entire timeline of the show.

I hope they don't do that and then just pretend like the last season never happened. They would have to find a way to reference it, but acknowledging that train wreck would be a mistake. And if I remember correctly, if they are still going to acknowledge the last episode, Becky will be married to David, Darlene to Mark, and Jackie will be a lesbian.

Great episode of The Americans last night. It was interesting, though, that they covered an entire story line in one episode where other story lines have been going on for seasons. I'm wondering also if Oleg's actions in Russia are going to interact with what's going on in the US. I'd have to imagine there will something down the line that brings it together.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 17, 2017 -> 06:42 AM)
Great episode of The Americans last night. It was interesting, though, that they covered an entire story line in one episode where other story lines have been going on for seasons. I'm wondering also if Oleg's actions in Russia are going to interact with what's going on in the US. I'd have to imagine there will something down the line that brings it together.

Yeah, I really liked that episode.

I do hope Oleg's story crosses over to the others. Same with Stan. Those two storylines are boring the hell out of me this season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 16, 2017 -> 03:40 PM)
Time travel shows havent been doing good. Timless almost was cancelled.

Was that the one with HH Holmes and Wells as the main characters? Holy crap that was a steaming pile.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2017 -> 08:13 AM)
Was that the one with HH Holmes and Wells as the main characters? Holy crap that was a steaming pile.

Timeless (haha typo the first time) is a different show. Timeless involves 2 time machines and a conspiracy to change the present by going back in time.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)
2 eps into the new season of Master of None and digging it so far.

I'm in the minority but I though the last two episodes of this season were pretty dull.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 19, 2017 -> 11:35 AM)
Timeless (haha typo the first time) is a different show. Timeless involves 2 time machines and a conspiracy to change the present by going back in time.

I was thinking of Time after Time. It was so bad, they actually cancelled it midseason. Timeless was better, but still only meh at best. Could be better, but never hooked me.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ May 16, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
I hope they don't do that and then just pretend like the last season never happened. They would have to find a way to reference it, but acknowledging that train wreck would be a mistake. And if I remember correctly, if they are still going to acknowledge the last episode, Becky will be married to David, Darlene to Mark, and Jackie will be a lesbian.

Report is they will just ignore that finale and everything said. Dan didn't die, no spouse swap, and no lesbian Jackie.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/19/roseanne-revi...d-john-goodman/

QUOTE (Tony @ May 22, 2017 -> 04:05 PM)
I only caught 1 and 2.

Somehow....it got weirder over 25 years. I still dug it.

Yeah, it reminded me of Lynch's earlier stuff particularly Eraserhead. I am really digging the lack of music too.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)
2 eps into the new season of Master of None and digging it so far.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2017 -> 12:05 PM)
I'm in the minority but I though the last two episodes of this season were pretty dull.

I really disliked it but as the season progressed it started to grow on me. Disappointed to hear that season 3 won't be out for a long time.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2017 -> 05:39 PM)
Report is they will just ignore that finale and everything said. Dan didn't die, no spouse swap, and no lesbian Jackie.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/19/roseanne-revi...d-john-goodman/

I assuming/hoping they'll ignore the whole winning the lottery plot line as well. Although they'll probably break the 4th wall and make some references to it.

One of my favorite episodes was when the original Becky (Lecy Goranson) came back after having been replaced by new Becky (Sarah Chalke) for a long time and every time she interacted with someone for the first time they kept saying "Where the hell have you been?"

Makes me wonder which one they'll use for the new show...