2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

Watched the first episode of Mr. Mercedes last night. Really good so far, and it follows the book pretty closely. The opening scene is gruesome and just like the book's opening. I like Brendan Gleeson as Hodges, even though in the book he wasn't Irish...well, at least it was never mentioned that he was Irish. Harry Treadaway is perfect as Brady Hartsfield. I'm looking forward to see how the season plays out.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 06:05 AM)
Watched the first episode of Mr. Mercedes last night. Really good so far, and it follows the book pretty closely. The opening scene is gruesome and just like the book's opening. I like Brendan Gleeson as Hodges, even though in the book he wasn't Irish...well, at least it was never mentioned that he was Irish. Harry Treadaway is perfect as Brady Hartsfield. I'm looking forward to see how the season plays out.

I was just coming here to make a similair post. This looks like it could turn out to be the best TV series based on a SK novel yet.

After blowing through the first two seasons of Broadchurch on Netflix, we were looking for another show to watch until some of the network shows come back. Started watching The Fall. Wow. What a creepy, fantastic show. Watching some of these British shows has made me realize that a lot of American network shows are pretty bad.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 02:38 AM)
I don't know why I still watch but man Hard Knocks is brutal this year

Haven't done a good job of making you care about any of the rookies as they try to make the roster. McCoy is easily best part of the show.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 06:56 AM)
Haven't done a good job of making you care about any of the rookies as they try to make the roster. McCoy is easily best part of the show.

Exactly. Basically only the UDFA lb is a character.

Really been enjoying Twin Peaks, the last episode had me in tears towards the end.

About to start the Defenders. I really enjoyed the first season of DD and I loved Jessica Jones, but DD S2, Iron Fist and Luke Cage left a lot to be desired. I think the MCU Netflix shows are too long and should be 8/10 episodes max.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 07:37 PM)
Really been enjoying Twin Peaks, the last episode had me in tears towards the end.

About to start the Defenders. I really enjoyed the first season of DD and I loved Jessica Jones, but DD S2, Iron Fist and Luke Cage left a lot to be desired. I think the MCU Netflix shows are too long and should be 8/10 episodes max.

I finished it the other day.

Episodes 1-3 are slow, 4-5 are pretty good, 6-7 speeds everything up too quickly, and 8 is a decent finish, but not that exciting.

Overall, it's worth at least one watch-through.

The writing falls into "let's make a main character into a dumb-ass to move plot along."

Kind of like Harry Potter.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 01:46 PM)
I got sucked into Ozark last night and absolutely LOVED IT! I'll be pissed waiting for the next season...that's why I always like to wait til something gets thru 3-4 seasons before i start watching.

You watched the whole thing already?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 09:19 AM)
I just finished. What a great show. I hope it keeps it up.

finished it as well. Some of it was kind of predictable...didn't see the end in episode 10 coming tho...but it was a ridiculously great show! Can't wait for the next season to come out!

True Detective season three is officially a go.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/true-detec...1202544718/amp/

"The next installment tells the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks, and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods. Mahershala Ali will play the lead role of Wayne Hays, a state police detective from Northwest Arkansas."

Nic Pizzolatto will be directing the show too

• 3 weeks later...