2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 07:01 AM)
"Lost" is one of my favorite shows of all time you big bully jerk face!!

I'm telling my mom!

I don't know why, I was thinking you were one of the lost haters. But I know you and I see eye to eye on the Challenge (although I must admit, Challenge might be dead...haven't found myself near as fired up for those the past couple times).

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 09:25 AM)
I don't know why, I was thinking you were one of the lost haters. But I know you and I see eye to eye on the Challenge (although I must admit, Challenge might be dead...haven't found myself near as fired up for those the past couple times).

Yes. They need to develop more up and coming talent for The Challenges.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 07:27 AM)
Yes. They need to develop more up and coming talent for The Challenges.

By the way, I'm not even sure Lost & Man in the High Castle are a good comparison...but in both cases, I honestly don't really know where either show is going in terms of how it handles the "alternate" reality or in the case of Lost, what the heck the island, etc was.

As much as i like most of Netflix's original content.....there almost seems to be too much to dig through to find something i might like. I also hate binging a seasons-worth of tv in two days then waiting a year for the next season.

That being said...i am about halfway through Netflix's Travelers......it has been very entertaining.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
Finally gave up on Always Sunny after watching a few eps of season 11 on Netflix. Felt like a chore to get through with too few laughs. Should have ended the series a while ago.

I still like it for what it is, but yea many of their jokes are based on previous jokes. I think they pretty much are telling everyone that they are mailing it in with how they are writing new material.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2017 -> 12:48 AM)
Ah, I still think its got laughs but its ending soon. I talked to Rob a few months ago and they are surprised they are still on. So while they are they are taking the money I assume while most of them have movies or other shows.

I think the show would have remained more relevant if it wasn't for all of the FXX bullcrap.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 09:28 AM)
By the way, I'm not even sure Lost & Man in the High Castle are a good comparison...but in both cases, I honestly don't really know where either show is going in terms of how it handles the "alternate" reality or in the case of Lost, what the heck the island, etc was.

The Man in The High Castle has handled the sci-fi angle well. It's secondary to the overall story, which is good. I really enjoy the alternate history angle...some fascinating stuff.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:11 AM)
I never once thought MITHC was going to be sci fi. Guess something happens that you all JUST SPOILED!

/runs to room and slams door

Just kidding. I don't care.

Well it is based on sci-fi writer Philip K. Dick's novel.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 10:52 AM)
Did anyone watch Taboo? I love Tom Hardy and FX has a pretty strong track record but I don't know if I'm ready to commit to this one.

I added it to my list to get to eventually but the reviews have not been good. "Too far up it's own ass" seems to be the general consensus.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 10:52 AM)
Did anyone watch Taboo? I love Tom Hardy and FX has a pretty strong track record but I don't know if I'm ready to commit to this one.

Hardy was just cooky/creepy enough that I'll stick with it.

So more on Taboo since I finished episode 1 last night.

- More grounded in reality than I expected

- Excellent cast

- Hardy is unbelievably interesting to watch

- Seriously, the guy is just interesting to watch act

- The storyline, based in history, has me hooked

- Really sounds great through the new soundbar

I sure hope people give it a shot. It's well-paced despite being exceptionally heavy. I think Taboo is a wonderfully timed show for the barren slate I have on the DVR right now.*

*Seriously, I looked last night. It was Taboo, Workaholics (final season just started last night), and then a bunch of cooking/reality shows my wife watches. I don't DVR Homeland as it's just as easy to snag On Demand, but that's literally it for shows right now for me that're currently airing on networks or premium channels.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
Finally gave up on Always Sunny after watching a few eps of season 11 on Netflix. Felt like a chore to get through with too few laughs. Should have ended the series a while ago.

Season 12's been awesome so far.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
I shut off that annoying Wiz episode about 5 minutes in.

The water park one that aired last night was hilarious. I laughed my ass off when Frank went off the big slide.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
Watched the 1st episode of Sneaky Pete on Amazon a few days ago and it was pretty good. Rest of the episodes were put up yesterday

I watched that last summer and voted for it to be turned into a series. That pilot was originally developed for CBS, which clearly held it back while it was still exceptional.

I'm excited to watch the rest of the series and am glad it won the ability to be made. Big Giovanni Ribisi fan.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
Watched the 1st episode of Sneaky Pete on Amazon a few days ago and it was pretty good. Rest of the episodes were put up yesterday

I'm diving into this tonight. Liked the promos and reviews are good.