2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)
I hope it gets better. I thought last season sucked. It would be nice if they made a couple of the characters non losers.

To me, even their down seasons are better than most TV. The scenes move so quickly and there's always something to like about it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 10:36 AM)
To me, even their down seasons are better than most TV. The scenes move so quickly and there's always something to like about it.

For whatever reason, I could not get into that show. Couldn't connect with any of the characters and didn't think it was as funny as everyone said it is.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 12, 2017 -> 02:17 PM)
Anyone still watching Mr Robot? I started watching the S3 premier last night but only got about halfway through before I had to get to bed. Gonna watch the rest tonight.

Ep 2 response. 15 minutes in. After the first couple scenes.

Jesus Christ Rami Malek is the best f***ing actor on Earth.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 09:14 PM)
Ep 2 response. 15 minutes in. After the first couple scenes.

Jesus Christ Rami Malek is the best f***ing actor on Earth.

The 1st episode was pretty broad and wide open, but the second really brought things back into good focus and started moving things along again. Nice start to the season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2017 -> 07:20 AM)
The 1st episode was pretty broad and wide open, but the second really brought things back into good focus and started moving things along again. Nice start to the season.

Yeah I'm really digging it so far.

On another note, Nathan For You has been outstanding this season.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 10:05 AM)
Finally decided to pull the plug on The Walking Dead. Too many other good shows out there to waste my time on this drivel.

What took you so long? I quit in s2

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 08:18 AM)
What took you so long? I quit in s2

It kept teasing me by getting a little better every now and then and then I felt so invested in it. The last 2 seasons convinced me that the writers have no idea what the hell they're driving towards anymore.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 11:11 AM)
I watched Halt and Catch Fire over the summer and this final season. Gotta say the show actually developed over the four years that it was on very well.

It was the tech age version of Mad Men and stayed with the premise throughout.

Totally agree. Was a hard show to commit to as there was basically no conversation (you are basically only person I know who watched it), but I was really sad after the last episode ended. I actually thought last year was a good ending to the series but was glad to get one more. Was happy Donna was rehabbed (no pun intended) as a character toward the end.

I basically just liked every one of them at the end, and enjoyed watching them despite little "plot". And that they were always near but never created the actual things that took off. Made it fun and like Silicon Valley.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 26, 2017 -> 10:18 AM)
Absolutely love Mindhunter. If you are watching it and are past episode four, watch this side by side comparison of the actor playing Ed Kemper and the actual interview of him

http://screenrant.com/mindhunter-video-comparison-ed-kemper/

This show is high on my list for winter binge watching.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 26, 2017 -> 12:18 PM)
Absolutely love Mindhunter. If you are watching it and are past episode four, watch this side by side comparison of the actor playing Ed Kemper and the actual interview of him

http://screenrant.com/mindhunter-video-comparison-ed-kemper/

ya the guy who played Ed Kemper killed it (all the prison interviews were riveting)

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 07:49 AM)
The season is off to a great start. I like that they are going back and filling in some of the blanks.

The whole time I was thinking Tyrell was one of the Dark Army masterminds. And that call to Elliott in prison....he originally sounded so sinister. Turns out he was just missing his partner in crime and was relieved to hear his voice.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 08:32 AM)
New Stranger Things trailer. 2 weeks away. Let's go!

Binged. All the charm of the first season was lost in the second. I found characters just doing stupid things to move the story further along. Was pretty meh for me. :(

(some things which I won't spoil were just downright cringeworthy)

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 12:52 PM)
Binged. All the charm of the first season was lost in the second. I found characters just doing stupid things to move the story further along. Was pretty meh for me. :(

(some things which I won't spoil were just downright cringeworthy)

Damn. Hopefully this is just one bad review.