2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 07:17 AM)
I have no idea why I keep watching Walking Dead. To me, this garbage people group is a new low for the show.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 07:53 AM)
I honestly can't believe how bad the CGI/Greenscreen is for a show that makes so much money. AMC is a POS for being so cheap on show budgets.

I like the show and love the comics, but there have been a few other moments on the show that just looked terrible.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)
I like the show and love the comics, but there have been a few other moments on the show that just looked terrible.

I agree with you. The stuff on the last show was embarrassing but overall I still find the show entertaining. It's not must see tv but it's worth watching.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 07:53 AM)
I honestly can't believe how bad the CGI/Greenscreen is for a show that makes so much money. AMC is a POS for being so cheap on show budgets.

LOL I think I saw an Airplane flying in the background on when he gets back to the top of the garbage pile.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 07:19 AM)
Crashing was entertaining albeit completely familiar and unoriginal.

I'd agree on the 'completely familiar' and 'unoriginal' but not sold on the 'entertaining' part. I'll give it a couple more episodes to see whether I want to stick with it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 09:52 AM)
I'd agree on the 'completely familiar' and 'unoriginal' but not sold on the 'entertaining' part. I'll give it a couple more episodes to see whether I want to stick with it.

Yea Apatow has played out the struggling comic bit a lot, I really hope it gets better but it hasn't had the same grasp on the audience as many of the other comic-centric shows. Just not sure if Holmes has that factor.

BTW, I do recommend Apatow's book "Sick in the Head", outstanding collection of interviews with him and a bunch of comedians. Really good stuff.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 24, 2017 -> 06:22 AM)
Resident Evil Netflix series may be happening based more along the story-lines from the games (not the atrocious movie franchise).

Will there be long stretches of time where the main character tries interacting with everything inside a small room in order to unlock something or advance the story?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 24, 2017 -> 09:19 AM)
Will there be long stretches of time where the main character tries interacting with everything inside a small room in order to unlock something or advance the story?

I would assume not haha they turned the games into a book series and they seemed to work. There wasn't really any puzzle solving situations like the games.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 3, 2017 -> 01:02 PM)
Anyone else enjoying Legion as much as I am?

I hopefully will be able to start watching this show on vacation next week....If the grandson lets me of course.....