2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 6, 2017 -> 09:19 PM)
Loved it. The dying presidents bit was great.

I chuckled at "president Pence". I'm not sure if they had the year, though. I didn't like that the main characters were barely in it. Though, an all Kristen Wiig episode is better than an all Tandy episode. At least it was different.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 09:33 AM)
I chuckled at "president Pence". I'm not sure if they had the year, though. I didn't like that the main characters were barely in it. Though, an all Kristen Wiig episode is better than an all Tandy episode. At least it was different.

You're not kidding. I do enjoy this show, but when I first got into it, I marathoned the first 2 seasons in one weekend (I was sick and wanted to watch something new haha). He just got so unbearable after a while. It was very difficult to do.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 07:29 AM)
Anything in particular with that episode, or cumulative?

Cumulative. Just isn't drawing me in. Not incredibly interesting or funny plus there's too many shows in my queue already.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
Cumulative. Just isn't drawing me in. Not incredibly interesting or funny plus there's too many shows in my queue already.

I have the opposite situation, not much on now that interests me. I agree it's not great, but just OK.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 10:49 AM)
I have the opposite situation, not much on now that interests me. I agree it's not great, but just OK.

We've been binging Game of Thrones since the Christmas break plus we've added Legion recently. Other shows we watch have recently returned such as John Oliver's show, Man Seeking Woman, The Walking Dead (I know it sucks), Americans (starting tonight), and Better Call Saul is starting up again soon. It feels overwhelming to add things right now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 12:57 PM)
We've been binging Game of Thrones since the Christmas break plus we've added Legion recently. Other shows we watch have recently returned such as John Oliver's show, Man Seeking Woman, The Walking Dead (I know it sucks), Americans (starting tonight), and Better Call Saul is starting up again soon. It feels overwhelming to add things right now.

I do love Walking Dead. I really do. But you're right. There are inexplicable moments that used to happen a handful of times in a season to almost every episode now. The CGI deer was so bad in this past Sunday's episode. I love the comics a whole not more than the show.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 11:06 AM)
There are inexplicable moments that used to happen a handful of times in a season to almost every episode now. The CGI deer was so bad in this past Sunday's episode.

One issue I will never understand is that we all know that smearing zombie blood on you will make you invisible to them. However, the characters always seem to forget this. Like last night, why not just do that instead of trying to kill 75 of them using hand-to-hand combat? Inexplicable unless they're worried about ruining their clothes or something. Perhaps running low on laundry detergent at Alexandria. SMH

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 05:40 PM)
One issue I will never understand is that we all know that smearing zombie blood on you will make you invisible to them. However, the characters always seem to forget this. Like last night, why not just do that instead of trying to kill 75 of them using hand-to-hand combat? Inexplicable unless they're worried about ruining their clothes or something. Perhaps running low on laundry detergent at Alexandria. SMH

Another good point lol

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 7, 2017 -> 11:40 PM)

That only seems to work if you're slowly and quietly shambling along. They were running and stabbing and slicing.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 08:14 AM)
That only seems to work if you're slowly and quietly shambling along. They were running and stabbing and slicing.

Just wait for the next group/threat to come along. This group wears zombie skin and they shuffle among the zombie herds in order to travel. Probably more realistic than the infinite amount of gas they seem to have in their cars.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 06:17 AM)
....the infinite amount of gas they seem to have in their cars.

Haha. I made a comment about that to my wife during this last episode. I mean how many years are they into this apocalypse and they still drive around for days on end? Never any fuel issues?

You know what I don't like...how Quinn didn't "fully recover" from last years injuries. I wish he was still the badass he always was. He clearly still has some of the smarts, but he was one of the most badass characters on TV and now he's so hindered.

Note: I'm referring to homeland.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)
You know what I don't like...how Quinn didn't "fully recover" from last years injuries. I wish he was still the badass he always was. He clearly still has some of the smarts, but he was one of the most badass characters on TV and now he's so hindered.

Wow, that show is still on? I gave up after last season. Or I think it was last season. Shoot, I don't even remember what happened anymore. Carrie tried to kill a terrorist in a crowd but he was driven away at the last second, and I think some American was in the car with him? Zzzzzzz.....

Here's a good recommendation: Black Sails on Starz. Caught up on Season 3 last month and they just started Season 4 a few weeks ago. Some sweet pirate action in that one. Really dig it.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 04:01 PM)
Wow, that show is still on? I gave up after last season. Or I think it was last season. Shoot, I don't even remember what happened anymore. Carrie tried to kill a terrorist in a crowd but he was driven away at the last second, and I think some American was in the car with him? Zzzzzzz.....

I couldn't name another show that had a steeper decline than Homeland. I liked the first 2 seasons but by ep 3 of s4, I quit.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 02:32 PM)
I couldn't name another show that had a steeper decline than Homeland. I liked the first 2 seasons but by ep 3 of s4, I quit.

We watched through last season but should have given up at least a year earlier.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)

It is tough seeing Quinn like that, but I'm glad they didn't have him fully recover after essentially being dead. He's still a badass...he just has to go about getting the job done differently. I laughed out loud when he casually shot that person who threw the rock.

On a side note, this is one of the better seasons of late. I've enjoyed all of them, but this season almost feels like a reset.