2018 Celebrity Death thread

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

That's too bad. Last I saw him he was very frail lookling on Colbert a few years ago.

Yeah, he was on Conan earlier this year and I don’t even think he walked out. He was already in the chair when they came  back from commercials. 

3 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

As someone who was really into hip-hop in the 90s, I know I'm old and out of the scene when rappers keep dying left and right and I haven't heard of any of them.

I'm kinda the same way but had heard of him. I never really listened to him before but heard a few songs recently and was impressed with the flow/production that to me sounded more '90's like than today's auto-tuned mumble crap.

• 2 months later...

9/24

Tommy McDonald, 84 - Philadelphia Eagles

10/6

Scott Wilson, 76 - Waking Dead actor

10/10

Tex Winter, 96 - Triangle Offense originator with the Bulls

10/13

Jim Taylor, 83 - Green Bay Packers

10/15

Paul Allen, 65 - Microsoft, Portland Trailblazers and Seattle Seahawks owner

10/23

Rod Rust, 90 - New England Patriots coach

10/30

Whitey Bulger, 89 - Boston Irish Mafia leader

10/31

Willie McCovey, 80 - San Francisco Giants HOF

11/1

Paul Zimmerman, 86 - Journalist (Dr. Z) Sports Illustrated

11/9

Ken Howell, 57 - Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher

• 2 weeks later...

For many traditional Republicans, he was one of the best of his generation, but raising taxes cost him the 1992 election...along with being completely out of touch (didn’t know what a scanner in the grocery store was used for.)

I will never forget the Willie Horton ad (Atwater), the positives, such as his love of baseball, World War Two heroism and 1000 Points of Light volunteering movement as well as unfortunately being swept up in the #metoo movement.

Three kids born in that Baby Boom period to the “Greatest Generation” in 1946 went on to become presidents...GW Bush, Bill Clinton, and Trump.    Probably the last of the true political dynasties, along with the Kennedys.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a celebrity, but damn this was a tear jerker.  Tugged on my heart strings with this kid and incredibly unfortunate (along with the others) that have had to battle this rare disease.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/25612215/josiah-viera-subject-e60-feature-dies-14-lifelong-battle-rare-disease

Rest easy bud

• Love 1