2018 Celebrity Death thread

southsider2k5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)
Don Rickles, 90. He was pretty hysterical.

He was on a roast last year and was still sharp as hell. Loved him on late night talk shows

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 10:09 PM)
He was on a roast last year and was still sharp as hell. Loved him on late night talk shows

Watched the tribute show to him on Spike TV in 2013. He was pretty frail then. Comedians just love the guy. Jimmy Kimmel couldn't stop sobbing the other night and Letterman and Seinfeld and Eddie Murphy, all those guys worshiped Rickles. Sad to see him go. Not many of the old icons are left.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 11:10 PM)
J. Geils - 71.

"Centerfold" remains one of the quintessential 80s songs. My older sister had the 45, and my brother & two other sisters played it over and over as we created havoc in the basement that we spent so many hours in when we were growing up.

I can still remember, back in the old days' when the video for that song was considered 'too risqué' for MTV.

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 01:45 AM)
I know it's pushing the 'Celebrity" line but she David Letterman's mother Dorothy died at 95. She did appear on his show from time to time back in the day

Unbelievable. Today is Letterman's 70th birthday, and I was thinking the other day that it's cool his mom is still alive. What timing to read this news.