2017 Democratic Thread

bmags

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe Republicans have a sneaky plan to systematically commit a bunch of voter fraud across the country so they can then point to it as evidence of widespread voter fraud in order to get disenfranchisement measures through the courts?

Former head of Colorado GOP, who said almost all voter fraud is committed by Democrats, is charged with voter fraud: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/polit...ith-voter-fraud

C7fnVwYXwAAvGId.jpg

This and many of the other regulatory overrulings from Congress in the last two months have been done via the Congressional Review Act. This was a law that was put in place thanks to Newt's Contract With America in the mid-90's. Prior to January 2017, this act had only successfully been used one time back in 2001. It's now been used numerous times, with more planned.

The worst part about this act is that it makes it so the regulatory bodies can't ever put this rule back in place without an act of Congress. So unless Congress decides to pass a bill explicitly blocking ISP's from selling your information without your permission, the FCC can never, ever make a rule against it.

Thanks, Newt!

This touches on some of the same ideas of Rick Perlstein's 2012 The Long Con piece, with the underlying theme being that the right-wing media/political donation empire has been a grift for decades and is now finally coming home to roost as the inmates raised on this stuff are running the asylum.

The Long, Lucrative Right-wing Grift Is Blowing Up in the World's Face

If you want to understand intra-GOP warfare, the decision-making process of our president, the implosion of the Republican healthcare plan, and the rest of the politics of the Trump era, you don’t need to know about Russian espionage tactics, the state of the white working class, or even the beliefs of the “alt-right.” You pretty much just need to be in semi-regular contact with a white, reasonably comfortable, male retiree. We are now ruled by men who think and act very much like that ordinary man you might know, and if you want to know why they believe so many strange and terrible things, you can basically blame the fact that a large and lucrative industry is dedicated to lying to them.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 31, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
Ossoff getting 50%+ of the vote in Tom Price's former district is almost the equivalent of the Scott Brown election in MA...

I'm heading down there next week to work on the campaign the last week of the race. It'll be interesting for sure!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/politics/map...tate/index.html

58% of Congressional races are now "safe" with +/-10 margins for GOP and Dems

133 GOP seats are safe

118 Dem seats are considered safe

(251/435)

Significantly up from past decades....can we say GERRYMANDERING?

Looking at the map of the entire country, it seems like almost EVERYONE is a Republican, and yet the popular vote margin was 2.9+ million because of California and the East Coast.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 07:04 PM)
I'm heading down there next week to work on the campaign the last week of the race. It'll be interesting for sure!

$8 million plus already raised for him, crazy numbers for a Congressional race.

Looks like he's polling in the low 40's, the likeliest path to win is splitting the GOP votes (11 running?) enough to get 50% and avoid the runoff, but that's looking highly improbable. April 18th vote, yes?

Was laughing because one of the main GOP contenders was claiming his having Conway's, Sarah Huckabee's and Jared Kushner's numbers on his speed dial uniquely qualified him for winning the Trump Bloc.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/04/09...les-r/22032809/

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-wor...e144264889.html

GOP Congressman from OK claims that constituents/taxpayers don't pay his salary

Good luck walking that one back. And then cancels a town hall meeting out of "safety concerns." Funny a guy who got 70% of the vote feels so threatened in his own district right now. I thought Republicans were all tough guys?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/dff3f614-1a23-...arty's.html

GOP candidate loses party's (but not Trump's) support for being overheard on The Apprentice (of course!) telling a female contestant "you should F--K me, it would really be good."

“There are human errors and even Jesus dropped the cross three times,” McDowell said. “I’m not running to be the pope. I’m running to make New Jersey more affordable.”

Shouldn't that earn him even more endorsements?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 06:13 PM)
He realizes Lincoln was Republican, doesn't he?

Oh lord and to think a lot of Republicans bring up that Lincoln freed the slaves every once in a while.

Read an article somewhere yesterday that said Bernie definitely would have defeated Trump. It said the voters that put Trump ahead would have never gone Republican if Bernie had been the candidate.

Wish I could provide the link, but I read it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 01:45 PM)
Read an article somewhere yesterday that said Bernie definitely would have defeated Trump. It said the voters that put Trump ahead would have never gone Republican if Bernie had been the candidate.

Wish I could provide the link, but I read it.

At this point, who cares? Why waste time with hypotheticals that can't happen anymore?

Working on the ground for Jon Ossoff in Georgia's 6th district the last couple days, and here through the election. It's pretty exciting. Obviously getting 50% on Tuesday will be a challenge, but in special elections anything can happen, and it's alllll about turnout. Either way - the energy here is pretty amazing, considering it's been a red district for 38 years!

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 06:25 PM)
Working on the ground for Jon Ossoff in Georgia's 6th district the last couple days, and here through the election. It's pretty exciting. Obviously getting 50% on Tuesday will be a challenge, but in special elections anything can happen, and it's alllll about turnout. Either way - the energy here is pretty amazing, considering it's been a red district for 38 years!

Good luck! :cheers