2017 Republican Thread

bmags

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)
Koch Brothers of the left.

No, that part I understand. Do Republicans really not know who and what the Koch brothers support? (honestly asking)

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 07:25 PM)
That is exactly what I was thinking. I swear both of them use the same playbook. Just the names change.

And about as influential on a cellular lever to the average voter here.

Soros to the left of me, Koch bros to the right,

here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 08:25 PM)
That is exactly what I was thinking. I swear both of them use the same playbook. Just the names change.

I've literally never read or heard about Soros funneling money into campaigns in the way the Kochs do, or lobbying to the extent they do. The Kochs literally run NYC, where I live, and I work events that they attend quite often. You'd think if Soros had the same pull I'd have had SOME sort of contact or exposure to him over the years. Are they really identical and I'm missing it because of my bubble, or is there actually a difference?

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
And about as influential on a cellular lever to the average voter here.

they're incredibly influential without you realizing it. That's the point.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 07:34 PM)
they're incredibly influential without you realizing it. That's the point.

Exactly. But they are one trickle in the flood. And let's not forget about foreign influences.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
Exactly. But they are one trickle in the flood. And let's not forget about foreign influences.

RE: The Kochs

Their network of groups pledging to spend $889 million from 2009–2016 and its infrastructure has been said by Politico to rival "that of the Republican National Committee."[5]

A trickle, you say?

As soon as we hear that Soros is similarly threatening Manchin, Heitkamp and Donnelly over the Gorsuch nomination (like Koch did to support no votes from the HFC on the AHCA)...the majority of Soros spending is in Europe.

The Koch Brothers are worth about $85-90 billion combined. Soros, $25 billion.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/09/op...-koch-brothers/

Lobbying expenditures, about $52 million (Koch) vs. $12 million for Soros through 2010...and Koch Industries political spending dwarfed that in 2012-14-16. Soros' attention has been increasingly focused on global issues, like his Open Society programs.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/crisis-many-...-131300919.html

Matt Drudge claims Congress is sabotaging Trump

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 09:42 PM)
As soon as we hear that Soros is similarly threatening Manchin, Heitkamp and Donnelly over the Gorsuch nomination (like Koch did to support no votes from the HFC on the AHCA)...the majority of Soros spending is in Europe.

The Koch Brothers are worth about $85-90 billion combined. Soros, $25 billion.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/09/op...-koch-brothers/

Lobbying expenditures, about $52 million (Koch) vs. $12 million for Soros through 2010...and Koch Industries political spending dwarfed that in 2012-14-16. Soros' attention has been increasingly focused on global issues, like his Open Society programs.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/crisis-many-...-131300919.html

Matt Drudge claims Congress is sabotaging Trump

Once again, the facts confirm my bias. ;)

At some point, Trump needs a real win.

He's arguably had just two good moments, the Gorsuch nomination and the joint speech to Congress. Mattis and McMaster were solid picks, but he still hasn't done anything to improve the lives of the white American middle class who jumped ship (1/4 former Obama voters in this demographic) in the Midwest to elect him.

Susan Rice allegations debunked

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/04...-sciutto-ac.cnn

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 03:15 PM)
"Her friends said she didn't do it". Good enough for me!

Okay, might want to consider the source who "broke" this story before going around impugning other sources.

I'll give you two guesses as to which of his own bodily fluids he consumes because he believes it gives him powers.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
Okay, might want to consider the source who "broke" this story before going around impugning other sources.

I'll give you two guesses as to which of his own bodily fluids he consumes because he believes it gives him powers.

I think it is cute that you think this somehow relates to their relevancy as a source.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 03:27 PM)
[/b]

I think it is cute that you think this somehow relates to their relevancy as a source.

It's a sign of having a pretty f***ed up mind/worldview. He's also a big #pizzagate idiot. These are sub-WND level "sources."

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
Good troll? I hope that was a troll and not sincere, anyway.

You are the one trying to claim that someone's lifestyle choices are so awful that it should disqualify them from being allowed to be a believable person.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 04:42 PM)
You are the one trying to claim that someone's lifestyle choices are so awful that it should disqualify them from being allowed to be a believable person.

Im dont want to mess up your thread, but I think that this statement is outrageous.

If I am having an argument math and someone says: 2+2= 5 and then goes on to tell me about mathematical equations, I have every right to question whether that person should be believable when it comes to math.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 04:45 PM)
Im dont want to mess up your thread, but I think that this statement is outrageous.

If I am having an argument math and someone says: 2+2= 5 and then goes on to tell me about mathematical equations, I have every right to question whether that person should be believable when it comes to math.

BS. With all of the equal rights pushes, you can't talk about things like gay rights, and then try to disqualify someone's believably level because of something like that. It is hypocrisy.