Uh-oh...Harrelson wants to hold on until 2020

caulfield12

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 10:08 PM)
If only they made a Hawk Harrelson brand popsicle. It would be a nice summer treat for his detractors to suck on. At least they could enjoy his sweet flavors a different way.

:lol:

For the win.

Frankly, I'd rather listen to Harrelson hype all the young prospects than put up with Benetti questioning Stone over and over and not providing any of his own insight.

Hawak can also tell you more from hanging around BP for a week of spring training than we'll get all season from some "voice" announcers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 05:11 AM)
Frankly, I'd rather listen to Harrelson hype all the young prospects than put up with Benetti questioning Stone over and over and not providing any of his own insight.

Hawak can also tell you more from hanging around BP for a week of spring training than we'll get all season from some "voice" announcers.

I don't agree with one word of this post

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 05:11 AM)

"He has the best swing I have ever seen in all my years in baseball." Yes, great insight.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 06:11 AM)

Taste in announcers clearly varies from person to person, but I'm with you: I'll take Hawk and his unique style, even now in the twilight of his career, over the cookie cutter stylings of the so-called "professional" announcers.

I guess when you're winning 65 games, it's only appropriate you stick with the worst broadcaster in baseball.

Too bad, too. Benetti/Stone is actually listenable. Of course, some of the meatheads would cry tears of joy if Hawk took a literal dump on television.

"I have been in the baseball business for 75 years, Stoney, and I gotta tell you that was the best s*** I have ever scene"

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 06:08 AM)
I don't agree with one word of this post

Relax Luke Cage. Do you honestly enjoy Benetti?

It reminds me of Ventura replacing Ozzie. He won't embarrass the team or organization, but he's about as interesting as listening to paint dry.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 07:23 AM)

It reminds me of Ventura replacing Ozzie. He won't embarrass the team or organization, but he's about as interesting as listening to paint dry.

Oh Caulfield, don't ever change. Unlike Ventura, Benetti is more than qualified to replace Hawk. Benetti is a young phenom broadcaster (You can literally hear him EVERYWHERE in the offseason) we're lucky to have.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 07:30 AM)
Oh Hawk, you selfish old man.

The rebuild won't be complete until he's removed completely from the booth. His voice is just a reminder of the staleness of the last 10 years.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah Benetti is fantastic. I've met him. Great guy. Very insightful IMO. He's a voice for the modern game. He's very knowledgable about new age stats and modern baseball. He doesn't talk about Rico Petricelli either which is a plus.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 08:22 AM)
I guess when you're winning 65 games, it's only appropriate you stick with the worst broadcaster in baseball.

Too bad, too. Benetti/Stone is actually listenable. Of course, some of the meatheads would cry tears of joy if Hawk took a literal dump on television.

"I have been in the baseball business for 75 years, Stoney, and I gotta tell you that was the best s*** I have ever scene"

You make such a salient point here. No doubt I'd rather waste calories trying to figure out "Sox Math" and get all giggly about what gifts are to be had on the table behind Benetti and Stone than listen to a guy who's actually played the game and can and still does lend insights that just about every professional cookie-cutter announcer cannot do.

There are no opinions I can relate to less than people's bizarre fixations on announcing. Vin Scully reincarnate could appear today as a new sox announcer and half the people would say he sucks. It's the hitting coach of baseball team media jobs.

There are no opinions I can relate to less than people's bizarre fixations on announcing. Vin Scully reincarnate could appear today as a new sox announcer and half the people would say he sucks. It's the hitting coach of baseball team media jobs.

I dont get it either. Maybe I'm an easily impressed simpleton but there are hardly any announcers across of all of sports that I'm not entertained by.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 09:28 AM)
I dont get it either. Maybe I'm an easily impressed simpleton but there are hardly any announcers across of all of sports that I'm not entertained by.

This is how I feel as well. I do enjoy Hawk in small doses and they definitely are different broadcasts. I enjoy both though.

Relax? Relax about what? You like misinformed people who constantly spout nonsense instead of talk about the game. I'm not surprised at all, Mariah

I'm more forgiving of baseball announcers especially, who have so many more games, and so much less field action than others. Football announcers, announcing 3-4 games of the same teams per season? They should have a lot to talk about so what they choose to discuss matters.

For baseball announcers? Suure, tell me about the sausage you ate.