Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 03:34 PM)
So other than the fact he is hopeless at hitting a baseball sounds like a major leaguer...wait what

After reading that bit by the scout, Acuna sounds like he could be a hitter like Dunn or Carter. Low BA, High K-rate and plenty of power. Now that I think about it, take away Acuna's walks and he looks alot like Tank on paper.

I know Acuna has tons of helium but IMHO, he's only good enough to be a third piece in a deal for Q.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
After reading that bit by the scout, Acuna sounds like he could be a hitter like Dunn or Carter. Low BA, High K-rate and plenty of power. Now that I think about it, take away Acuna's walks and he looks alot like Tank on paper.

I know Acuna has tons of helium but IMHO, he's only good enough to be a third piece in a deal for Q.

Acuna's top 50 Fansided ranking seems a bit high to me

Third piece at best due to the risk

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)

I'm assuming you mean Demeritte's write-up? Also need to keep in mind that Demeritte's D is highly regarded. Fangraph's Longenhagen saw him in the AFL and had very good things to say. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs...tes-october-21/

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 04:11 PM)
I wonder how many 300+ page Q trade threads there will be before Q is traded.

Alot

Nothing much else going on in the baseball world right now

Lets hope Ross signing with the Rangers pushes the market a bit, as no other starting pitching options (quality ones) really exist (Hammel? yuck)

QUOTE (pablo @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 04:01 PM)
I'm assuming you mean Demeritte's write-up? Also need to keep in mind that Demeritte's D is highly regarded. Fangraph's Longenhagen saw him in the AFL and had very good things to say. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs...tes-october-21/

Oh s***, nice catch Pablo. Yeah, I was referring to Demeritte, not sure wtf I was thinking. :lol:

I like Demeritte's bat and would happily take him as a third or fourth piece.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 04:56 PM)
The circles and circles Soxtalk has gone on this Q trade is impressive. All realistic teams covered. Packages analyzed and discussed. Man oh man, does it need a new meaningful transaction.

Totally

We really need to just be put out of our misery soon

Man, that Rumbunter site is becoming unbearable to read over the last few days. The person posting for Rumbunter keeps pumping how good Glasnow is and how Sox fans should want him in a trade for Q but if he thinks that highly of Glasnow then why the hell is he so eager to trade the guy?

The more I read at Rumbunter the more I hope another team comes in and nabs Q. One thing Rumbunter doesn't realise is that other teams have prospects that are just as good as anything the Pirates have to offer.

Come Astros, Rockies, Yanks and cubs. Step in and make something happen.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 06:00 PM)
When the trade happens we'll say a collective "Now what?"

For 5 seconds.

Then we'll critique the trade.

I think we'll critique the trade first and then say "now what?"

Top quotes after trade:

#1 (by far): "...one player light"

#2: "should have eaten some salary to get another prospect"

#3: "Boom! RH strikes again"

#4: "Should have traded him this past summer when Bregman was in play"

#5: "Should have traded him next summer when Bregman would have been in play"

QUOTE (GermanSoxFan @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 03:16 PM)
The Rangers had no qualms about trading Demeritte for Lucas freaking Harrell. He isn't good enough to be a substantial piece for Q. Maybe in as a throw in like Diaz in the Sale trade.

That's as good an indication of his market value as anything...traded for a AAAA pitcher.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 03:13 PM)
Braves are not giving us Albies + Newcomb + Demeritte + Gohara/Fried

That is three top 75 prospects (according to fansided) plus Demeritte

I can't see Atlanta punting so much of its future like that, even for Quintana

Isn't that about what Q is worth? 3 top 75 prospects?

Maybe it doesn't make sense for Atlanta to do that, but Q is worth that.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 05:00 PM)
When the trade happens we'll say a collective "Now what?"

For 5 seconds.

Then we'll critique the trade.

I was thinking it would go something like this.

1) Q is finally traded

2) Sox fans yell hip hip hooray

3) critique of the trade begins.

4) half of Sox Nation loves the trade and the other half b****es about it well into ST.

5) then the questions of, Who the hell are the Sox trading next and what's taking so long?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 05:01 PM)
I might as well shove my balls in a blender if he isn't traded by SoxFest.

Don't forget to add the ice, lime and tequila. An alternative to blending ones balls could be to cut them off, pickle them for the 2017 year and then feed those picked nads to the most deserving and undesirable relative you have next Christmas.

Another idea would be Chef's favorite, chocolatey salty balls. Simpley wash, shave, chop, baste in chocolate and bake at tree-fiddy for 20 min. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve with secret sauce. For added flavor and texture you can skip washing said balls for that all natural fromunda cheese taste.

:D

Good grief, I really need to get a life. Too much time on my hands and am incredibly bored watching the wife play her video game. Maybe I should grab a beer or something and turn on some tunes. I have lots of new music I need to catch up on anyway.

OK, back to Quintana, or whatever the f*** this thread is about.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 05:30 PM)
Don't forget to add the ice, lime and tequila. An alternative to blending ones balls could be to cut them off, pickle them for the 2017 year and then feed those picked nads to the most deserving and undesirable relative you have next Christmas.

Another idea would be Chef's favorite, chocolatey salty balls. Simpley wash, shave, chop, baste in chocolate and bake at tree-fiddy for 20 min. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve with secret sauce. For added flavor and texture you can skip washing said balls for that all natural fromunda cheese taste.

:D

Good grief, I really need to get a life. Too much time on my hands and am incredibly bored watching the wife play her video game. Maybe I should grab a beer or something and turn on some tunes. I have lots of new music I need to catch up on anyway.

OK, back to Quintana, or whatever the f*** this thread is about.

I love you so much. I really do. You're one of my favorite people here hands down.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 05:49 PM)
I love you so much. I really do. You're one of my favorite people here hands down.

You gotta stop with all the love Mike. People will begin to suspect a bromance brewing. :P

Seriously though. Right back at ya big guy. I enjoy reading your posts and your enthusiasm for all things White Sox is awesome. Just don't become too cynical of the Sox like the rest of us sad old f***s. :lol:

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 05:59 PM)
You gotta stop with all the love Mike. People will begin to suspect a bromance brewing. :P

Seriously though. Right back at ya big guy. I enjoy reading your posts and your enthusiasm for all things White Sox is awesome. Just don't become too cynical of the Sox like the rest of us sad old f***s. :lol:

Hahaha great posts

Once Quintana gets dealt we can preemptively start the "who should the sox draft number 11 overall?" Thread

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 06:22 PM)
Hahaha great posts

Once Quintana gets dealt we can preemptively start the "who should the sox draft number 11 overall?" Thread

Yeah, no doubt about it. I think Future Sox has a thread for the '17 draft already so if we get really bored, we can spam that thread I suppose. :P

OK, back on track... Again. Lol.

With Ross signing in Texas I really wonder if the cubs jump into the mix for Q. I can't help but think that they have been sitting on the fringe the whole time and now that Ross has signed they will have to turn their attention elsewhere.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 06:34 PM)
Yeah, no doubt about it. I think Future Sox has a thread for the '17 draft already so if we get really bored, we can spam that thread I suppose. :P

OK, back on track... Again. Lol.

With Ross signing in Texas I really wonder if the cubs jump into the mix for Q. I can't help but think that they have been sitting on the fringe the whole time and now that Ross has signed they will have to turn their attention elsewhere.

As much as I want the signing to matter, I doubt Ross has much effect on the Q market. In a weird way Trumbo might have an impact depending on he signs with Rangers - might push Astros to do something. And if Colorado signs him, they might feel okay trading Dahl for Q.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 05:19 PM)
We all need something to happen or we are going to fall off the ledge. Rumors and lack of news are driving us crazy. Stay strong Hahn and hold out for right deal. I want the one premium prospect and hope the Yankees ultimately land Q. Stay safe if you are affected by this ice storm.

Crazy? No way man. Not a chance.

( ya pompous arse )