2017 All-Soccer Thread

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needed those 3 points. Hell, needed that kind of a game to instill confidence in the group if you ask me.

They looked so comfortable out there tonight and I know we've already said it, and the "hype train" exists, but Christian Pulisic is the real deal. It will be extremely fun to watch this kid's career. His ceiling feels limitless at the moment.

My notes? Here they are...

Played like s*** in that one. Lucky to get a point if you ask me.

Jozy was terrible as usual. Touch of a brick f***ing wall. I don't know why he is called in to the USMNT.

Zusi at right back. Yikes.

Ream.... yikes.

Bradley was both bad and good, sometimes. More bad than good for sure.

I thought Jermaine Jones was invisible.

Clint scored, at least there's that.

Pulisic created chances and tried but had no help whatsoever.

The pitch looked like s***. Simple passes were bouncing all over the place.

That's all I have to say about that, really.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 28, 2017 -> 09:34 PM)
Can't stand watching games where the announcers are calling the game from a studio

Not that im fluent in spanish in any way, but I watch the Telemundo feed instead.

USA was lucky to get a point. Need players to get healthy before the next games.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 01:36 PM)
Borussia Dortmund - Monaco CL match postponed as a couple of explosions went off near the Dortmund team bus on the way to their stadium. Only one player taken to the injury with minor injury from flying glass, not Prince Pulisic.

It was Marc Bartra. Pretty f***ed up.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
It was Marc Bartra. Pretty f***ed up.

We'll see if it was some kind of pre-mediated attack or could be just some dumb-ass fanatic supporter throwing strong fireworks or flares at the bus.

Meanwhile, Juventus up 3-0 vs Barcelona, who might need another epic comeback.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Borussia Dortmund bomber wasn't any kind of political terrorist, he was a local Russian attempting a get rich scheme. He had bet on the future value of the stock, and could make millions if the stock dropped significantly, so he tried to maim/kill some of the players on the bus to hurt the stock price. Crazy.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/a...re-dealing-plot

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 08:52 PM)
Pulisic with two huge goals. Wasn't pretty at times...but US did what it needed to do at home. Huge game in Azteca on Sunday. Fired up for it. Final stretch of World Cup qualifying.

I didn't even realize there was a game tonight. 2-0 vs Trinidad and Tobago is awful, but 3 points are all that matter. Thanks Pulisic!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 09:51 PM)
I didn't even realize there was a game tonight. 2-0 vs Trinidad and Tobago is awful, but 3 points are all that matter. Thanks Pulisic!

FWIW, Mexico only won 1-0 against them. I thought they played pretty well tonight, especially in the second half. The Pulisic hype is real.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 10:17 PM)
FWIW, Mexico only won 1-0 against them. I thought they played pretty well tonight, especially in the second half. The Pulisic hype is real.

I didn't watch but they seemed to usually get better results at home vs TnT. Either way, Pulisic just keeps being better and better. Awesome.

Trying to watch this Costa Rica game but BeIn is the worst channel ever.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 10:54 PM)
I didn't watch but they seemed to usually get better results at home vs TnT. Either way, Pulisic just keeps being better and better. Awesome.

Trying to watch this Costa Rica game but BeIn is the worst channel ever.

I didn't watch the first half, but it looked like T&T got a lot of chances. But the US really contained them offensively in the second half and controlled the tempo.

I'm hoping we at least get one point against Mexico, but playing at the Azteca is tough. There's still a lot of qualifying games left. I'm pretty positive we can at least get 3rd in the hex. Just need to win the games we should win and at least draw the games vs. Mexico and Costa Rica.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 11:01 PM)
I didn't watch the first half, but it looked like T&T got a lot of chances. But the US really contained them offensively in the second half and controlled the tempo.

I'm hoping we at least get one point against Mexico, but playing at the Azteca is tough. There's still a lot of qualifying games left. I'm pretty positive we can at least get 3rd in the hex. Just need to win the games we should win and at least draw the games vs. Mexico and Costa Rica.

Panama stealing a point at Costa Rica last night was annoying, but the US is still in great shape. They don't need a result at Azteca, but a point would be huge, doubt they get it though.

Heading to Toyota Park for the first time tomorrow, I had been to a Fire game in the past at Soldier Field, but never in Bridgeview.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)
So awesome. I take back everything bad I've been saying about him recently

The interception alone was brilliant. The chip was incredible though. Bradley being so situationally aware is brand new to me haha.