2017 All-Soccer Thread

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 08:11 PM)
Such a whiff by Omar Gonzalez on the header there. You gotta put that on net

That's twice now.

I really don't understand this lineup by Arena. No Fabian Johnson. No John Brooks. No Tim Howard. So far Beasley and Guzan have screwed us and our 3 center backs stood around while Beasley forced Vela to the middle of the field like an idiot.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 08:12 PM)
That's twice now.

I really don't understand this lineup by Arena. No Fabian Johnson. No John Brooks. No Tim Howard. So far Beasley and Guzan have screwed us and our 3 center backs stood around while Beasley forced Vela to the middle of the field like an idiot.

I guess Arena said Howard would have played if the game was on Tuesday but cause of the quick turnaround and his injury, they went with Guzan.

Would be nice to get some help from the refs. I do like Nagbe coming in

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 05:42 PM)
So awesome. I take back everything bad I've been saying about him recently

The other strike he had late in the 2nd half was fantastic as well. Mexico was all over Pulisic, but you can still just see how special he is. He had a late run that he struck wide right, but when he touches the ball...you think something special can happen. Very very premature statement...but he seems to have an "it" factor.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 07:32 PM)
For sure, great result. Love to hear the frustration in the Mexican fans.

Beat Panama at home and a top 3 finish should be secured.

Sucks we got to wait another 3 months till we get more qualifiers. This team is looking better right now...never know what we look like in 3 months (if guys get hurt, etc.). Love getting that point in Azteca.

What a game between Panama and Honduras. Honduras takes second half lead and starts to blatantly time waste. Of course karma bites them and panama gets the 90th min tie.

Honduras is on life support now for a playoff spot. They needed to hold on to those 3 points.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 10:39 PM)
What a game between Panama and Honduras. Honduras takes second half lead and starts to blatantly time waste. Of course karma bites them and panama gets the 90th min tie.

Honduras is on life support now for a playoff spot. They needed to hold on to those 3 points.

Huge result for the US, keeps them in 3rd place. Win their last 2 home games (tough one vs. Costa Rica) and they are basically in.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
QUOTE (aryzner @ Oct 6, 2017 -> 08:46 PM)
Panama eventually was pretty much out to injure Pulisic.

Kid had a huge game. Huge win and I feel sooooo much better now.

On to T&T and then let's go to Russia!

I can't imagine Dortmund enjoys watching him come to CONCACAF and get manhandled. But he's done well fighting through it. Don't want to think about where the US would be without him

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2017 -> 09:17 PM)
I can't imagine Dortmund enjoys watching him come to CONCACAF and get manhandled. But he's done well fighting through it. Don't want to think about where the US would be without him

This runs through my head every time I see him getting kicked with the national team. Last thing you want is a sour relationship with the club team that has your best player. That said, Dortmund is probably thrilled with the marketing exposure he gives them in this country.

If we lose, we have to play in a tie-breaker, no matter what, correct? And that is only if Honduras and Panama don't both win outright (correct). If we lose and they both win, we are eliminated, correct? Which is quite possible given the fact that Honduras is now beating Mexico and Panama is notted up with Costa Rica. We better find a way to get the draw!!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
If we lose, we have to play in a tie-breaker, no matter what, correct? And that is only if Honduras and Panama don't both win outright (correct). If we lose and they both win, we are eliminated, correct? Which is quite possible given the fact that Honduras is now beating Mexico and Panama is notted up with Costa Rica. We better find a way to get the draw!!!

You got it right Gage. All 3 scenarios are fully in play.