Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm on the fence to be honest. Part of me agrees the cubs should have to overpay but the other part me doesn't really care because adding Happ, Candelario and Jimenez would be a huge boost to a farm that could use more quality hitting prospects. Candelario is ready now.Happ could be ready for the '18 season and adding Jimenez to Basabe ( both outfielders) down in A ball would be fun to keep track of.

Taking the rivalry aspect of it out of the equation. Those three hitters for Q is probably pretty close to fair value. Now bring the rivalry back into the equation ask ourselves, how much more will it take? This is the part I get hung up on because I'm not sure how much that "rivalry tax" is worth. :lol:

Throw in Eddy Martinez and I am good.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 03:01 PM)
Man, I know its all we got right now but how are you guys still interested with offering up hypothetical's for Q? Havent we already ran through about all the possibilities like 1000 times through, if not more, for each possibility multiple times?

One aspect you over looked is that we are obviously bored. :P

Man, I know its all we got right now but how are you guys still interested with offering up hypothetical's for Q? Havent we already ran through about all the possibilities like 1000 times through, if not more, for each possibility multiple times?

Yes we have and no I'm not interested in making up deals that have been discussed for almost 2 months (if not more really).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 03:49 PM)
Throw in Eddy Martinez and I am good.

Works for me too. I wouldn't object to Caratini as a fourth piece either.

I think Happ, Jimenez , Candelario plus one of Martinez/Caratini is pretty reasonable for both sides.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 04:05 PM)
Works for me too. I wouldn't object to Caratini as a fourth piece either.

I think Happ, Jimenez , Candelario plus one of Martinez/Caratini is pretty reasonable for both sides.

I could care less who we trade Q to if it means we are getting the best package in return, even if that comes from the Cubs

A high profile deal like this is unlikely because if it goes wrong one team will have regret for years

Quintana could make sense for the Cubs due to the 4 years and relatively low cost because it would allow them to still spend on free agents moving forward

Replacing Arrieta (potentially and Lackey after this season is not going to be cheap. The Cubs window is right now before all their young guys get more expensive after hitting their arbitration years.

The Sox would want at least one interesting arm to go along with Jimenez, Happ and Candelario, but it would add Quintana without subtracting from the mlb roster at all

I absolutely hate this thread... I come back every single time I open Google Chrome, to read the same things over and over thinking it will be different this time. I see 2 pages since last visit oh it's going to be different, something new has to be happening. Nope same thing. Curse you thread curse you. I know I should just stay away but I can't help it.

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 04:17 PM)
I absolutely hate this thread... I come back every single time I open Google Chrome, to read the same things over and over thinking it will be different this time. I see 2 pages since last visit oh it's going to be different, something new has to be happening. Nope same thing. Curse you thread curse you. I know I should just stay away but I can't help it.

That was me last Wednesday. Went to a meeting for an hour and there were 5 pages added in that time.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 01:17 PM)
Quintana isn't an ace you idiot, just look at his win/loss record. 4th starter at best.

i think the lack of strikeouts (comparatively) is what makes people question it.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 04:29 PM)
It's not like anyone is forced to read this thread. Just don't open it if you don't want to. It's that's simple.

Exactly, how can someone get their number of posts up if they don't post frivolous things in frivolous threads. :)

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
It's not like anyone is forced to read this thread. Just don't open it if you don't want to. It's that's simple.

Or we come into a thread hoping to see updates from twitter, etc., only to see the 500th trade proposal asking for Cubs prospects or Meadows

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 04:33 PM)
Or we come into a thread hoping to see updates from twitter, etc., only to see the 500th trade proposal asking for Cubs prospects or Meadows

What do you expect? This offseason has been extremely boring and there hasn't been a new rumor for quite some time, so we're forced to talk about the same recycled topics over and over again.

Typically the thread title will change if there's an update.

This. I've been done with all the Q rumors since mid-December. I feel like every possible trade has been proposed.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 04:29 PM)

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 04:32 PM)
Exactly, how can someone get their number of posts up if they don't post frivolous things in frivolous threads. :)

I feel the same way gents. It's a thread for discussing rumors and trade proposals about Q. No one is forcing anyone to read.

If people want to know if there's any recent news for Q, I suggest googling Jose Quintana or check out twitter. That's what I do and I don't even have a twitter account. Find something new or interesting, feel free to share with the rest of us.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 05:29 PM)

It's like a drug, I think we all need an intervention :P

Also I think it's even worse when we have a thread closed on Q, then a tweet comes and a new one opens. IT's a vicious cycle haha

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 07:12 PM)
It's like a drug, I think we all need an intervention :P

Also I think it's even worse when we have a thread closed on Q, then a tweet comes and a new one opens. IT's a vicious cycle haha

Exactly. I never get tired of talking Sox baseball, but even if I did, I wouldn't b**** and moan about other people still doing it.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 08:48 PM)
Exactly. I never get tired of talking Sox baseball, but even if I did, I wouldn't b**** and moan about other people still doing it.

It's better than talking to my teenage kids. At least the board responds, even if it is usually negative.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 04:17 PM)
I could care less who we trade Q to if it means we are getting the best package in return, even if that comes from the Cubs

A high profile deal like this is unlikely because if it goes wrong one team will have regret for years

Quintana could make sense for the Cubs due to the 4 years and relatively low cost because it would allow them to still spend on free agents moving forward

Replacing Arrieta (potentially and Lackey after this season is not going to be cheap. The Cubs window is right now before all their young guys get more expensive after hitting their arbitration years.

The Sox would want at least one interesting arm to go along with Jimenez, Happ and Candelario, but it would add Quintana without subtracting from the mlb roster at all

Quitana is a dirt cheap version of Lester....