Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 05:33 AM)
Here's the Braves "Talking Chop" list on their top 5 prospects for 2017. They are really high on Acuna, comparing him to Victor Robles, and have him as the Braves #2 prospect behind Albies. Those two headliners for Q would be hard for any team to beat, and would be a nice exclamation point to the rebuild.

http://www.talkingchop.com/2016/12/17/1389...1-5/in/13834809

Dave Cameron mentioned a few days ago that Acuna is a good prospect, but not as skilled as Victor Robles

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospect...hp?reportid=397

This scouting report places a considerably high grade on him, but it is still very early in his development to really know what he can become. He just turned 19, and will need several more years of development.

He would be a great third piece to an Atlanta deal after Albies + Newcomb/Allard, but too risky to be a headliner

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 08:14 AM)
Levine is the definition of a team player. If he is putting info out there, it is for a reason.

He made sure to throw out there that the Sox can even keep Q into the season which we all know isnt likely to happen but that would be something the team would want out there to put pressure on other teams. So yeah, I think the team uses Levine every so often to put info out there. This might be one of those cases. Are they just trying to get talks going again with having no one really up their offers? Or are they actually just trying to give one last push on a couple teams to give a little bit more and accept an offer soon? Who knows.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
Just from Twitter stuff: Radio Levine said he expects deal this week.

Anyway, did anyone read that Yankees package he proposed?

What was the Yankees package?

The Frazier, Mateo one?

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 09:33 AM)
My source tells me teams are interested in Q and that he will be dealt before spring training.

There was a point that Levine said all other 29 teams had conversations with the Sox about Q. LOL

He always has to leave the door open to be wrong and still right at the same time.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 09:39 AM)
There was a point that Levine said all other 29 teams had conversations with the Sox about Q. LOL

He always has to leave the door open to be wrong and still right at the same time.

They ll do that. Baseball "insiders'" favorite term is fluid. When they throw that one out there, they really aren't too sold on their info.

Bruce has been around for a long time, he has more legit sources tHan a lot of others. He is also wrong sometimes, and I am sure used. We will see.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)

My source also confirms this information.

I think we will really have to see some other reporters tweet about this or post something else for this to get off the ground. I wonder how much teams could have upped their offers, but I hope the Sox do take something before spring training for the sale of development.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 09:09 AM)
Whether Levine is full of it or not EVERYONE seemed to pick it up and run with it. A s*** load of other media outlets reporting his article as if its solid intel.

Like who?

I haven't seen anything from the more reputable names in the last day.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 09:59 AM)
Like who?

I haven't seen anything from the more reputable names in the last day.

Not individuals, unfortunately, but media outlets in general are re-tweeting and sharing the story as if its fact.