Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 07:45 PM)
Out of the guys who had down seasons last year, it's probably true that 1-2 of them should be expected to have solid seasons worthy enough to earn something in a trade. If we hold all of them, we also better be ready for 2-3 of them to have worse seasons and just eat the money spent on them. As long as we're ok with that as a franchise, then holding 5 guys and hoping 1-2 of them develop some value is a fair strategy.

Guys having a bad year this year isn't really a bad thing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 08:49 PM)
Guys having a bad year this year isn't really a bad thing.

If they're going to do it, now's the year. I just don't like that i'm seeing lots of "all 5 of these people will have better years this year" posts around without a callout on how unlikely it is that it'll work out for multiple guys. Some of them yes, but it never works out that they all do, and you can't pick out in advance which ones it will be.

Pittsburg Pirates: Austin Meadows (CF) and Tyler Glasnow (RHP)

Atlanta Braves: Ozzie Albies (SS), Alex Jackson (OF), Sean Newcomb (LHP) and Kevin Maitan (SS)

Houston Astros: Kyle Tucker (OF), Alex Bregman (3B), A.J. Reed (1B) and David Paulino (RHP)

http://isportsweb.com/2017/01/25/chicago-w...ntana-continue/

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 07:45 PM)
Best post made on here today.

Honestly, Conte Giolito has become such a blowhard, he's made this site difficult to read lately. The admins should really consider giving him a few week time out. It's just brutal.

bmags threw one strike already, and this is strike two. Personal attacks such as this will not be tolerated on this forum. Anything further will be met with consequences.

In case we have forgotten:

Personal attacks towards other posters will not be tolerated. People will be treated with respect at all times.

SoxTalk Guidelines

I have been absent for a while, and miss things from time to time, but I have yet to see or read anything Con te Giolito has said that has justified anything like this.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 07:45 PM)
Best post made on here today.

Honestly, Conte Giolito has become such a blowhard, he's made this site difficult to read lately. The admins should really consider giving him a few week time out. It's just brutal.

Just add him to your ignore list. Go to his profile and click options drop down on the left side.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 11:26 PM)
bmags threw one strike already, and this is strike two. Personal attacks such as this will not be tolerated on this forum. Anything further will be met with consequences.

In case we have forgotten:

SoxTalk Guidelines

I have been absent for a while, and miss things from time to time, but I have yet to see or read anything Con te Giolito has said that has justified anything like this.

Strike two indicates tolerance - just sayin.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 10:19 PM)
In defense of the click bait article's author, I think he said those were players from each team that would interest the Sox

yes there is no way the astros give up bregman AND tucker. the astros were even hesitant to trade tucker at all so they certainly do not give up both and more. i doubt they trade bregman at all but if they do it would be straight up (or bregman plus a bag of balls).

i do think the astros have to give up tucker, martes and more but bregman, tucker and reed is completely unrealistic. maybe the author meant some of those guys but not the whole package.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 02:46 AM)
Those Pirates and Astros offers aren't even remotely close to being of equal value. You'd have to add Bell and Newman to that Pirates offer to start comparing.

Those are not offers but lists of players the Sox could be interested in.

The White Sox reportedly have their eyes on the following prospects from each team:

The list is incomplete since we've seen other names mentioned from all of those teams.

I only posted it for reading purposes to pass the time. Nothing new or credible really.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 05:12 PM)
For those who like the Braves as a trade partner, I have to ask how much do you like Kevin Maitan because while he's far away he has to be in any deal in my opinion.

If we aren't getting Swanson, Matian is a must for me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 08:39 PM)
If we aren't getting Swanson, Matian is a must for me.

That would only make sense if the Sox see Maitan as a headliner. As a third piece Maitan would be a high price because he cost a large chunk of the braves international budget.

Swanson is definitely off the board but a package of albies, Allard, acuna and some would be quite attractive.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 01:42 AM)
Maitan never made much sense to me for the Braves to trade or for the Sox to pick up.

Maitan. Don't know much about him, other than what has been posted here in last few weeks. Is he better than Tatis?