President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 05:09 PM)
FWIW, I think there's a decent case that they made this ban "constitutional". They included all refugees, so that central American kids will get killed along with Iraqis who worked with the US occupying force. Trump may say he wants to prefer Christians but they've made no moves to do that. They've specifically targeted people from certain countries. Yes those countries are majority Muslim, but there are Christians and Jews in them and some of them would have been refugees. They are casualties as they should have known better than to be born in the wrong country.

There is however an equally strong and almost certain case that they are in violation of the law. This text comes from the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965:

I'm pretty sure that's quite clear.

If that is your approach, voting laws are for all eligible voters...

Who was it who was asking about overseas travel to Dubai?

@aliceemross

Wow. Email from immigration lawyer in New York arrives: "The last few days have been extremely unsettling for us all.." 1/1

"Travel outside of the US should be considered only if necessary. Delays will most definitely be an issue for all foreign born travelers"2/2

Alice Ross ‏@aliceemross 6h6 hours ago

"All foreign born travelers who do not hold US Citizenship or Permanent residence should review their social media accounts and activity.."

"..w/ specific reference to opinions etc + should scrub phones, delete work related posts and generally clear FB, instagram, twitter etc"

"Upon entry to the US always be courteous and do not engage officers at the Border posts in political or Trump related discussion"

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 08:25 PM)
I honestly wonder what the hypothetical impeachment/25th amendment line is.

There is no line. It's going to be a rough 2 years, a rough 8 if the Democratic party does it's normal thing.

QUOTE (Nixon @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 08:24 PM)
There is no line. It's going to be a rough 2 years, a rough 8 if the Democratic party does it's normal thing.

I'm pretty sure if he turned around and shot Paul Ryan in the face during the SOTU he'd be impeached. The line is somewhere between "saying extremely stupid and probably dangerous things" and "murdering the speaker of the house on live television," but definitely a lot closer to the latter.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 08:54 PM)
I'm pretty sure if he turned around and shot Paul Ryan in the face during the SOTU he'd be impeached. The line is somewhere between "saying extremely stupid and probably dangerous things" and "murdering the speaker of the house on live television," but definitely a lot closer to the latter.

What if he shot him in the foot?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 07:18 PM)
Who was it who was asking about overseas travel to Dubai?

Thanks for the info. Their concern seems to be about zero, so I will wish them.along. They have multiple day stops in Europe on both ends of the Dubai trip which helps I would think.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)
Ugh, sometimes I want to smack these people. This is EXACTLY what he wants.

I had never heard of that Milo guy but a quick Google search says that he has zero reason to speak in Berkley, other than entice the locals. But it worked.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trum...o-idUSKBN15G5RX

"U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists."