President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Kellyanne. A tweet about Hillary is coming back to haunt her:

Kellyanne Conway @KellyannePolls

Most honest people I know are not under FBI investigation, let alone two. https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/792159005774794753

8:12 PM - 28 Oct 2016

17,270 17,270 Retweets 18,969 18,969 likes

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 01:52 PM)
Nunes, who has been whining about "illegal leaks" since the start of things and has been trying to make that the center of any Trump/Russia/general corruption-incompetence discussion, held a press conference today to leak a bunch of classified info regarding Trump's team and possibly Trump himself having 'incidental collection' of some of their communications.

Nunes also decided that he needed to brief Trump and Co. and hold this press conference before briefing the ranking Democrats on the committee

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/844627796710359041

I love how trump doesnt even understand why this makes him look like an asshole.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:24 PM)
Hey look, Trump was right again. Obama will go down with quite the legacy of surveillance. Such a dumpster president.

Except Nunez flatly said that Trump was still wrong and this is something different.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:32 PM)
I just assumed that was sarcasm....

Maybe so, but that's the obvious direction people are going to go. Also, I can't keep track of who sides with who.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:24 PM)
Hey look, Trump was right again. Obama will go down with quite the legacy of surveillance. Such a dumpster president.

lol no

edit: in case this is serious and not just a long-running troll at this point:

-Trump claimed that Obama had Trump Tower and Trump wiretapped and indicated it was done illegally when he claimed it was "worse than Watergate"

-Nunes is claiming that Trump associates had 'incidental collection' as part of legitimate, ongoing surveillance of foreigners who were not Trump or Trump associates. Trump/Trump associates were recorded on conversations with these other people under surveillance.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:36 PM)
Maybe so, but that's the obvious direction people are going to go. Also, I can't keep track of who sides with who.

Whoever are those people that go in that direction cant read very well. Trump's team was under surveillance for almost a year due to ties to foreign governments. His own campaign manager has been funneling money from Russia to trump for over a decade.

i dont see how any of that looks good for Trump or his team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
Whoever are those people that go in that direction cant read very well. Trump's team was under surveillance for almost a year due to ties to foreign governments. His own campaign manager has been funneling money from Russia to trump for over a decade.

i dont see how any of that looks good for Trump or his team.

The key thing about Nunes's revelation at this point is that he made it clear that any records of Trump/Trump team contacts were part of 'incidental collection' and that Trump/Trump team weren't the targets of surveillance themselves. Which means Trump's claims are still loony tunes nonsense, but that won't stop the ignorant and gullible from running around shouting "TRUMP WAS RIGHT!"

And there's still no indication that Nunes was authorized to release this classified information in the first place, which is just sort of funny given how much he's been crying about the evilness of leaked information. Why is Nunes, who is supposed to be running an independent investigation, running to personally debrief Trump before even sharing the information with his own committee anyway?

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
The key thing about Nunes's revelation at this point is that he made it clear that any records of Trump/Trump team contacts were part of 'incidental collection' and that Trump/Trump team weren't the targets of surveillance themselves. Which means Trump's claims are still loony tunes nonsense, but that won't stop the ignorant and gullible from running around shouting "TRUMP WAS RIGHT!"

And there's still no indication that Nunes was authorized to release this classified information in the first place, which is just sort of funny given how much he's been crying about the evilness of leaked information. Why is Nunes, who is supposed to be running an independent investigation, running to personally debrief Trump before even sharing the information with his own committee anyway?

An administration and party that has been crying about leaks just leaked information that makes the president and party look worse. Its crazy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
An administration and party that has been crying about leaks just leaked information that makes the president and party look worse. Its crazy.

Yeah they kind of really suck at their jobs!

Mazel Tov Cocktail @AdamSerwer

Nunes asked if he's trying to give the president "political cover for his wiretapping claim." He does not answer.

2:13 PM - 22 Mar 2017

eta: Nunes is also leaking classified FISA warrant information, well done!

Edited by StrangeSox

I'm usually irritated when I'm in traffic and it slows down to a complete crawl because someone on the other side of the highway has a flat tire. I think, why are people slowing down to look at that.

That said, I'm thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to "rubber neck" at this car accident of a President the American people elected. This administration can't get out of its own way.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 03:56 PM)
Statement from Adam Schiff, top ranking Democrat on House Intelligence Committee (Nunes is committee chair):

Nunes says he can't share the information with Committee because he doesn't have it.

This is crazy. Nunez basically mislead the public, if not flatly lied. I can only assume Trump himself told Nunez what to do. Seems strange that these intercepts are not related to Russia, and even if they are released, they can't hurt Trump. Like a 2005 tax return, for example.

Meanwhile, Nunez is blaming Comey for not providing certain information to the intel committee. How about this: Comey knows Nunez can't be trusted and is probably going down with this ship.

Edited by G&T

lmao. "Trust me, I have the best sources."

At least with the Trump dossier, we had it in writing. If you can't get proof of this, how in the world can you expect people to actually believe you?

Edited by chw42

Apparently Adam Schiff told MSNBC that there is "more than circumstantial evidence" of collusion between Russia and Trump. Wow. Seems to me that Schiff just figured, "Well, if you think you're going to change the narrative, then here's this nugget..."

Edit: i was beat and Hurtin had a link.

Edited by G&T

Koch brothers just teabagged Trump

@jwpetersNYT

News: Kochs pledge 7-figure fund to back anyone who votes against AHCA. A direct challenge to Trump threat that dissenters will lose seats.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politics/us-...ians/index.html

The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

One law enforcement official said the information in hand suggests "people connected to the campaign were in contact and it appeared they were giving the thumbs up to release information when it was ready." But other U.S. officials who spoke to CNN say it's premature to draw that inference from the information gathered so far since it's largely circumstantial.

The FBI cannot yet prove that collusion took place, but the information suggesting collusion is now a large focus of the investigation, the officials said.

On the plus side, there are 50-100 Scion Hotels (representing Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka) planned in the US over the next 3-4 years. First one will apparently be in Dallas. Many cities like Seattle are basically saying "over my dead body" will a Trump/Scion branded hotel be coming to their community. Suggested prices will be a much more "reasonable" $200-300 USD per night, about half the normal Trump-branded rate.

Edited by caulfield12