President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 1, 2017 -> 03:10 PM)
Lies, lies,lies,lies....from CNN (Fake News)

White Ho

Press secretary Sarah Sanders said President Trump didn't call the US justice system a joke earlier today at his cabinet meeting.

"He said the process has people calling us a joke and calling us a laughing stock," Sanders said. "Simply pointing out his frustration of how long that this process takes, how costly this process is. And particularly for someone to be a known terrorist, that process should move faster. That's the frustration he has."

Here are President Trump's exact remarks:

"That was a horrible event, and we have to stop it, and we have to stop it cold. We also have to come up with punishment that's far quicker and far greater than the punishment these animals are getting right now. They'll go through court for years. And at the end, they'll be -- who knows what happens."

"We need quick justice and we need strong justice -- much quicker and much stronger than we have right now. Because what we have right now is a joke and it's a laughingstock. And no wonder so much of this stuff takes place. And I think I can speak for plenty of other countries, too, that are in the same situation."

:lol:

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 1, 2017 -> 09:25 AM)
White dude murders 5 dozen with guns, injures hundreds more: DON'T POLITICIZE THIS!!!!

Brown dude murders 8 with a rental truck: BAN MUSLIMS!!!!

By the way, I saw that the Slidefire company resumed taking orders yesterday after finishing the backlog of orders they received thanks to the free marketing in Las Vegas.

Expect the Uranium One non-scandal to become as big and as real as Benghazi.

Trump and his team know they're screwed, and that their only recourse is to get rid of Mueller. They can't fire him, and they can't publicly and directly attack him. But they can try and muddy the water to indirectly discredit him. See, Bob Mueller was the head of the FBI during the Uranium One "scandal". If and when the GOP announce a special prosecutor and full investigation of the incident, that will not only put Hillary back under investigation, but it will mean that the man investigating Donald Trump will, himself, be under investigation.

If you don't think that's all the ammo and cover the GOP needs, then you don't know this GOP. Mueller better act fast.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 08:35 AM)
By the way, I saw that the Slidefire company resumed taking orders yesterday after finishing the backlog of orders they received thanks to the free marketing in Las Vegas.

A Month After Las Vegas, Rapid-Fire Bump Stocks Are Untouched

Congress hasn't even held a hearing on the issue. Nothing will ever get done, and anyone who expected something to change when the response to two dozen murdered children was to loosen gun laws is delusional.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2017 -> 06:06 PM)
Given who her Dad is, I'm sure she'll land in some comfortable opportunity somewhere, that's how politics works.

She will be given a job on CNN for her unique perspective into a presidential administration.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 09:20 AM)
She will be given a job on CNN for her unique perspective into a presidential administration.

I am hoping America will wise up and anyone complicit with the administration will be given the opportunities they deserve, which would be working at KFC. But with Spicey as an example, you have to figure that isn't going to happen.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 10:35 AM)
I am hoping America will wise up and anyone complicit with the administration will be given the opportunities they deserve, which would be working at KFC. But with Spicey as an example, you have to figure that isn't going to happen.

I don't need them screwing up my mashed potatoes.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 11:05 AM)
Glad we switched from popeyes to KFC, which is appropriately worse.

I used to like Popeyes a lot but sometime when I was in high school they changed their biscuit recipe and it went from being the best ones I've had to always disappointing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 10:35 AM)

They will all be welcomed back into the fold as long as they knock whatever administration is in charge, who will almost certainly be horrible.

Sessions under renewed scrutiny on Capitol Hill

Washington (CNN)Attorney General Jeff Sessions is once again under scrutiny on Capitol Hill regarding his candor about Russia and the Trump campaign amid revelations that he rejected a suggestion to convene a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump last year.

According to court filings unsealed this week, Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos suggested at a March 2016 meeting that he could use his connections to set up a meeting between Putin and Trump with the then-GOP candidate's national security team. An Instagram picture on Trump's account shows Sessions attended the meeting at which Papadopoulos made the suggestion.

At his Senate confirmation hearing in January, Sessions denied any contacts with Russian officials during the presidential campaign. He later acknowledged that he met then-Russian ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak twice during the campaign. He also testified that he was "not aware" of anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicating with the Russians.

Sessions testified in June that he wasn't aware of any conversations between "anyone connected to the Trump campaign" and Russians about "any type of interference with any campaign or election in the United States."

He also testified that he does not remember meeting Kislyak during a VIP reception before an April 2016 campaign event at the Mayflower Hotel, though he acknowledged Kislyak was in the room. Also there were Trump and his son-in-law and White House senior adviser Jared Kushner. In testimony submitted to Capitol Hill investigators, Kushner said he "shook hands" and "exchanged brief pleasantries" with Kislyak.

Asked under oath at a Senate hearing last month if he believed Trump campaign surrogates had communications with Russians, Sessions replied, "I did not and I'm not aware of anyone else that did, and I don't believe it happened."

I'm sure this time he'll be held accountable for his perjury.