President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 09:47 AM)
Yeah, Tillerson is getting canned.

A POTUS actually said that. Corker is correct, the WH is adult daycare, and he is a republican with no need to kiss Trump's ass, so it's not just liberals who see a gigantic problem with this idiot. I hope more republicans wake up and notice, supporting him really isn't helping them. He needs to go.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 09:56 AM)
A POTUS actually said that. Corker is correct, the WH is adult daycare, and he is a republican with no need to kiss Trump's ass, so it's not just liberals who see a gigantic problem with this idiot. I hope more republicans wake up and notice, supporting him really isn't helping them. He needs to go.

It seems that a pre-requisite for standing up to Trump is deciding not to run again.

Meanwhile, Trump, Tillerson and Mattis have lunch today.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 09:56 AM)

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 09:57 AM)
It seems that a pre-requisite for standing up to Trump is deciding not to run again.

Meanwhile, Trump, Tillerson and Mattis have lunch today.

As with all things, remember that talk is cheap. Until Corker decides he's going to vote against a slate of Trump's judges or actually vote agains their tax cut package, does it really matter how much they whine at each other?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 10:19 AM)
I think taking an IQ test and challenge between Trump and Tillerson would set PPV records.

Just so someone says this, do people understand that IQ tests based on what people think intelligence should include do a terrible job of predicting people's actual performance in life, jobs, academics, basically anything? And as such the test winds up being a gauge more of how motivated you are to actually try on the test or how much the test has been written to favor your personal educational background than anything else?

I think the talk about whether Pence performed a political stunt and if that's bad is now missing the larger story.

We've talked a lot about how the right to free speech doesn't mean you are given the right to be free of counter-actions (non violent) from other free individuals, like employers etc.

Well, with the NFL considering forcing players to stand (or presumably be punished) after pressure from the head of government, I think we are entering a grey area.

I'd be interested to know if there's any precedent where the court has drawn a line there.

WHile not government punishment for free speech, there was coercion from government placed upon a private enterprise to do something that then punished you for it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 02:01 PM)
Does anyone really think Jerry Jones would bench a star player if he took a knee?

I'd love for someone to call his bluff.

What if it's a monetary penalty though?

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 02:22 PM)

I have to think that’s gonna be quite a rabbit hole, levying a fine for not standing for the National Anthem sounds like a bell for ACLU

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 02:22 PM)

I doubt that would hold up in court. What if half the team did it? Would he forfeit?

75 year old billionaires like the idea of a sharply reduced tax rate, no inheritance tax. Once that clears, you'll see guys like Jerry changing their tunes a bit on social issues.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
I doubt that would hold up in court. What if half the team did it? Would he forfeit?

75 year old billionaires like the idea of a sharply reduced tax rate, no inheritance tax. Once that clears, you'll see guys like Jerry changing their tunes a bit on social issues.

The owners let guys dress that openly beat women. I dont think they would ever sit someone for this. Its a s***ty PR ploy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 02:44 PM)
I have to think that’s gonna be quite a rabbit hole, levying a fine for not standing for the National Anthem sounds like a bell for ACLU

I'm not sure the ACLU would be able to do much about this as it's a private organization and they're allowed to set their participation rules. The "pressured into it by the Executive branch" part might make for an interesting lawsuit, I do admit.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 03:01 PM)
Does anyone really think Jerry Jones would bench a star player if he took a knee?

I'd love for someone to call his bluff.

I would love it if every single player took a knee.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 08:27 AM)
Trumps upcoming tweet about Eminem should be good

Haha, Donnie “I have the best words” Trump will be out of his element.

Edited by Big Hurtin

Moronghazi update: nuclear holocaust edition

The context of tillerson calling Trump a moron was a lengthy, frustrating meeting with Trump, senior administration officials and top Pentagon brass. In this meeting, Trump declared he wanted a ten-fold increase in our nuclear arsenal.

. WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation’s highest ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room.

Trump’s comments, the officials said, came in response to a briefing slide he was shown that charted the steady reduction of U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s. Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve.

According to the officials present, Trump’s advisers, among them the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, were surprised. Officials briefly explained the legal and practical impediments to a nuclear buildup and how the current military posture is stronger than it was at the height of the build-up. In interviews, they told NBC News that no such expansion is planned.

Two people familiar with the discussion said the Situation Room meeting, in which the president’s advisers anticipated he would sign off on a new Afghanistan strategy, was so unproductive that the advisers decided to continue the discussion at the Pentagon the next day in a smaller setting where the president could perhaps be more focused. “It wasn’t just the number of people. It was the idea of focus,” according to one person familiar with the discussion. The thinking was: “Maybe we need to slow down a little and explain the whole world” from a big-picture perspective, this person said.

Lol @ anyone who was foolish enough to vote for this moron. Destroying American hegemony in less than a year.