President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

Hahaha they're such compromised shills.

“Hey Don. We have an unusual idea,” Wikileaks wrote on October 21, 2016. “Leak us one or more of your father’s tax returns.”

Wikileaks then laid out three reasons why this would benefit both the Trumps and Wikileaks. One, The New York Times had already published a fragment of Trump’s tax returns on October 1; two, the rest could come out any time “through the most biased source (e.g. NYT/MSNBC).”

It is the third reason, though, Wikileaks wrote, that “is the real kicker.” “If we publish them it will dramatically improve the perception of our impartiality,” Wikileaks explained. “That means that the vast amount of stuff that we are publishing on Clinton will have much higher impact, because it won’t be perceived as coming from a ‘pro-Trump’ ‘pro-Russia’ source.” It then provided an email address and link where the Trump campaign could send the tax returns, and adds, “The same for any other negative stuff (documents, recordings) that you think has a decent chance of coming out. Let us put it out.”

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.Wikileaks didn’t write again until Election Day, November 8, 2016. “Hi Don if your father ‘loses’ we think it is much more interesting if he DOES NOT conceed [sic] and spends time CHALLENGING the media and other types of rigging that occurred—as he has implied that he might do,” Wikileaks wrote at 6:35pm, when the idea that Clinton would win was still the prevailing conventional wisdom. (As late as 7:00pm that night, FiveThirtyEight, a trusted prognosticator of the election, gave Clinton a 71 percent chance of winning the presidency.) Wikileaks insisted that contesting the election results would be good for Trump’s rumored plans to start a media network should he lose the presidency. “The discussion can be transformative as it exposes media corruption, primary corruption, PAC corruption, etc.,” Wikileaks wrote.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 13, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
Pretty sure I called out Wikileaks for this last summer.

If he used the password sent isn't that a crime?

edit: asking b/c yr legal background, unrelated to your quote mostly

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 13, 2017 -> 04:31 PM)
If he used the password sent isn't that a crime?

edit: asking b/c yr legal background, unrelated to your quote mostly

Im not a prosecutor so I cant say for sure, but reading between the lines "guessed" sounds like they "hacked" it. Which likely is some sort of crime.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 13, 2017 -> 11:35 PM)
Im not a prosecutor so I cant say for sure, but reading between the lines "guessed" sounds like they "hacked" it. Which likely is some sort of crime.

Wouldn't it be a crime regardless?

If my front door is secured by a numeric-code lock, and you guess that the combination and walk in, that's still a crime. You know you're not supposed to be in there.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 13, 2017 -> 04:56 PM)
Wouldn't it be a crime regardless?

If my front door is secured by a numeric-code lock, and you guess that the combination and walk in, that's still a crime. You know you're not supposed to be in there.

Im just qualifying my response in case some of the wikileaks defenders come in here and try to find some sort of legal loop hole Im not aware of.

When they go in your house its trespassing, is there some sort of similar law concerning websites? Possibly, I dont know. Is it a crime to go into your friends facebook if they leave it opened? What if they save the password on your computer?

Sometimes its just easier to qualify an answer when Im not 100% sure.

It's been known that WikiLeaks was collaborating with the Trump campaign including trying to figure out a way to make them look objective despite not being objective and inciting Trump to undermine US democracy if he lost?

"I've sent a message to" and "I've been talking with for over a year" are two different things.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 13, 2017 -> 07:15 PM)
Sessions is considering appointing a second special prosecutor to look into 'GOP concerns'

Get ready for twenty more Benghazi hearings

This seems to violate his recusal, but there are zero ethics within the administration so we'll see if that matters.

*Might* not be as bad as it looks though

https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/9...3515937792?s=17

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Quin @ Nov 14, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
He does not recall.

Why does our Attorney General have the worst memory?

See this is the part where you start saying "what exactly are they covering up"?

If they didn't do anything wrong there was no reason for him to lie about these meetings in the first place.

"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."

- Ronald Reagan, admitting the Iran-Contra Affair, March 1987

These guys will all be revered as heroes in a few years. Just look at how corrupt and incompetent Reagan's administration was and what his legacy today is.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2017 -> 09:32 AM)
Its amazing how many times Sessions has been caught in a lie, outright perjuring himself in front of congress, with zero repercussions

It's seriously mind-boggling how every norm has been thrown out the window this past year or so. Things that would have become massive scandals in the past are forgotten within hours these days.

d'oh, this is probably funding for Russian elections that were happening last September

Secret Finding: 60 Russian Payments "To Finance Election Campaign Of 2016”

The FBI is scrutinizing more than 60 money transfers sent by the Russian foreign ministry to its embassies across the globe, most of them bearing a note that said the money was to be used “to finance election campaign of 2016.”

On Aug. 3 of last year, just as the US presidential election was entering its final, heated phase, the Russian foreign ministry sent nearly $30,000 to its embassy in Washington. The wire transfer, which came from a Kremlin-backed Russian bank, landed in one of the embassy’s Citibank accounts and contained a remarkable memo line: “to finance election campaign of 2016.”

That wire transfer is one of more than 60 now being scrutinized by the FBI and other federal agencies investigating Russian involvement in the US election. The transactions, which moved through Citibank accounts and totaled more than $380,000, each came from the Russian foreign ministry and most contained a memo line referencing the financing of the 2016 election.

The money wound up at Russian embassies in almost 60 countries from Afghanistan to Nigeria between Aug. 3 and Sept. 20, 2016. It is not clear how the funds were used. At least one transaction that came into the US originated with VTB Bank, a financial institution that is majority-owned by the Kremlin.

Edited by StrangeSox