President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 09:07 AM)
POTUS this morning

"May God be with the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI and Law Enforcement has arrived"

so, yea

Thankfully hes only the President not the lead singer of a rock band, otherwise this type of mistake could lead to some upset people.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 12:53 PM)
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/the-atla...ks-65ecd7c2468f

Atlantic commits malpractice on short lived Donald Trump Jr.-Wikileaks communications story. Editor - "My bad."

1. its not short lived

2. Caitlin Johnstone is a notorious hack, she was one of the morons pushing the Seth Rich Conspiracy

They post a whole bunch of words that basically amount to "they used a period instead of an ellipses," which yes was a legitimate error, but even when you include what comes after the ellipses, Wikipedia still looks just as bad. They're still trying to fake objectivity while working directly with one of the campaigns. That the Clinton campaign was "slandering" them with being Pro-Trump appears to have been completely accurate given that they were working directly with the Trump campaign and wanted to continue working with Trump to undermine faith in US democracy in the event that Trump lost.

Seriously, how does "which the Clinton campaign has been slandering us with" change the underlying problem revealed with Wikileaks' coordination with the Trump campaign?

Speaking of being misleading, the "my bad" was about missing one of Jr's tweets, not any alleged errors or omissions in her story. And it was the author, not the editor.

e: she also seems to think that "losing internet access" at the embassy means that Assange could not possibly have communicated with the outside world, apparently being unaware of the existence of smart phones and data plans.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 06:53 PM)
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/the-atla...ks-65ecd7c2468f

Atlantic commits malpractice on short lived Donald Trump Jr.-Wikileaks communications story. Editor - "My bad."

Definitely dishonest work to snip the sentence, but the omitted phrase makes little difference. The author's implication that it practically reverses the meaning of the sentence is nonsense.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)
Definitely dishonest work to snip the sentence, but the omitted phrase makes little difference. The author's implication that it practically reverses the meaning of the sentence is nonsense.

She's a shill.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 01:09 PM)
They post a whole bunch of words that basically amount to "they used a period instead of an ellipses," which yes was a legitimate error, but even when you include what comes after the ellipses, Wikipedia still looks just as bad.

Wikipedia? This conspiracy goes even deeper than I thought :)

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)
It is short lived. Once all the context came out the story died. The MSM bit on the selective editing malpractice and then abandoned the story when it showed the DT Jr. was basically ignoring the messages.

Every theory on Seth Rich is a conspiracy. It's an unsolved murder. Just because someone's theory doesn't line up with your team doesn't mean they're a moron.

It was the difference between admitting they're a Russian outlet and saying they're being slandered as a Russian outlet.

Trump Jr. forwarded the early e-mails to a bunch of people in the Trump campaign. That's potentially important in the context of the Mueller investigation.

The e-mails are pretty strong evidence that Wikileaks was attacking only one side of the 2016 election. The e-mails show that they wanted the Trump administration to voluntarily turn over Trump's tax returns in order to be able to provide the impression that they were fair and balanced. Rabbit, you are a smart guy - surely you can see the difference between "hack Democrats and release that info" (including SSNs of donors) and "get info voluntarily because it isn't damaging to present the facade that you aren't biased."

The story was never Assange explicitly admitting that he's a clearing house for the FSB. It was the collaboration with the Trump campaign, which is something both he and the Trump campaign denied in the run-up to the election. The Clinton campaign was correct when they called WikiLeaks pro-Trump, as these messages clearly show.

DJT Jr. also does not appear to have entirely ignored the messages given the timing of various campaign activities and those messages. The story died down because other things continue to happen and there's not much more to report on at this point.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 09:17 PM)
It was the difference between admitting they're a Russian outlet and saying they're being slandered as a Russian outlet.

Not even close.

1. "We don't want to be perceived as pro-Russia/Trump"

2. "We don't want to be perceived as pro-Russia/Trump like Hillary is saying"

Can anyone honestly say that Wikileaks DOESN'T favor Trump and Russia?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 02:17 PM)
It is short lived. Once all the context came out the story died. The MSM bit on the selective editing malpractice and then abandoned the story when it showed the DT Jr. was basically ignoring the messages.

Every theory on Seth Rich is a conspiracy. It's an unsolved murder. Just because someone's theory doesn't line up with your team doesn't mean they're a moron.

Literally nothing in your reply is true. She's a well known fake internet conspiracy investigator. Her poorly written article you posted says enough about her lack of integrity.

DJTJ directly corresponded with Wikileaks about the election and emailed other folks on the campaign about the info. There is nothing short lived about that at all. But its totally the #MSM #soros #mediamatters

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 02:17 PM)

This is straight-up bulls***, by the way. The story that he got killed in a mugging does not involve any sort of conspiracy. That's just a plain old non-conspiratorial crime.

The idea that he was murdered by the DNC, something for which their is zero evidence regardless of what Kim Dotcom claims, would involve a large criminal conspiracy.

Those are two very different things without equivalence. Not all "theories" are equally valid and worthy of considering.

That's a lot of words in defense of nutty conspiracy theories. Yes, it's an unsolved murder, but no, you're not doing any "research." You're latching on to the latest right-wing conspiracy, which is a bit of a pattern.

WikiLeaks was working with the Trump campaign for a long time. They wanted to combat the claims that they were pro-Trump by conspiring with the Trump campaign to release non-damaging information. They never appear to have made similar outreach to anyone other than the Trump team regarding the 2016 election. They encouraged Trump to contest the results of the election and the legitimacy of our democracy if he were to lose, which doesn't really have anything to do with leaks.

But you gotta go back to the original claim, and that's that the missing comma and the words after it really change anything. They don't. The story was never "Assange admits they're pro-Russian," it was the cooperation with the Trump team.

The CNN stuff is just whataboutism, but I don't think you'll find any defenders of Brazile around here.

e: the Trump water thing is funny because he gave Rubio s*** for it for years

Edited by StrangeSox

Trump Wants Pompeo to Replace Tillerson

President Trump “has turned his daily intelligence briefing — a routine that in previous administrations has been a dry, formal affair — into a free-flowing conversation during which he peppers his CIA director, former House member Mike Pompeo, with questions about everything from national security threats to the internal dynamics of Congress,” Politico reports.

“The CIA director’s favored status in the West Wing has made him the odds-on choice to succeed Rex Tillerson as secretary of state, according to more than half a dozen administration officials and outside advisers familiar with the White House’s current plans. It’s not clear when Tillerson might leave — he has vigorously denied rumors that he plans to resign anytime soon — but Pompeo has told associates that he expects the president to tap him for the position and that he’d accept the job if it’s offered to him.”

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 04:19 PM)
1.) You can't even get a sentence in without calling names and saying "conspiracy." You offer no support just say your p**** buzz words like usual. You keep calling this a right wing conspiracy theory and you're proving you don't do any research you just call names, use buzz words "alt-right" "racist" "sexist" "conspiracy" to hand wave anything that doesn't go with your narrative. A quick google shows you the leader of Blacks for Bernie Sanders is suing for more info on Rich's death. My search shows me that noted-progressive and Huff Po writer HA Goodman has been following it from the start. Seymour Hersh, a liberal with an incredible track record, is on the case. So your first baseless claim is wrong.

It's a conspiracy theory. It's largely circulated on the right, though there are also leftists that are buying into it. HA Goodman lost his damned mind last year when Bernie lost the primary and isn't someone anyone should take seriously. Seymour Hersh is also a contrarian leftist who likes to claim that Assad's done nothing wrong.

You're not doing "research," you're reading ravings on the internet. There's zero proof of any of the allegations that the DNC, Clinton, or anyone connected to the campaign had anything to do with his murder. There's no evidence that Seth Rich was even a Bernie fan, despite your claims, beyond some posthumously edited reddit accounts. That's the level of "support" for this conspiracy theory.

If you want to talk about Seth Rich, maybe start another thread.

2.) What's your proof? You left this so vague that you can sidestep your way out but again, no basis.

Um, the messages that Don Jr. tweeted out after the story about them was published? They talked throughout 2016 and into 2017. WikiLeaks asked Trump Jr. to have Trump tweet out info, and then Trump tweeted out info. Don Jr. tweeted out links to WikiLeaks shortly after receiving some of the requests. WikiLeaks approached the Trump campaign about having them "leak" non-damaging information so that WikiLeaks could publish it and appear unbiased.

I'm not sure what's vague there. That's what the whole The Atlantic story was about.

3.) Please tell me more about their private interactions that you know all about. Did anyone else's tweets get illegally released to the Atlantic?

See that word "appear?" There's been no appearance, no evidence, not even claims that Assange reached out to any other campaign. I didn't say "there is proof that he didn't" or even "he didn't reach out."

4.) If you really believe that you just show that you're biased beyond reason. You have no interest in truth or reality. It's all partisan and being the biggest, baddest bully on this subforum. The editor recanted. Even she knows she was deceiving and wrong but you're not ready to admit it yet, okay.

Look at her original tweet promoting the story. It was all about DJT Jr. and Assange communicating, not "Assange admits they're pro-Russian!" That was never the story. That's not a partisan claim, that's not being a bully. It's what the story was about and how it was promoted.

VHQFo3S.jpg

And again, it wasn't the editor but the author. I know that's a minor detail, but you can't seem to keep basic facts right while alleging how everyone you end up disagreeing with is so hopelessly blind and partisan. And the "my bad" tweet was about missing Jr's third tweet leading her to incorrectly claim he hadn't tweeted out the full correspondence, which he had. There's been no retractions on her actual story.

I never took the story to be "aha! proof that Assange is pro-Russia!" The author promoting her own story didn't give that message. Nobody here seemed to be going with that message. The story itself doesn't give that message. The only people who seem to have taken that message are the people looking to defend Assange. That's the truth and the reality.

Edited by StrangeSox

Sometimes I read what people write, and I wonder if they actually think about their own actions. It is bad form that someone misquoted, it is something I really dislike. But if you are going to be so fauxraged by a comma versus a period, how outraged should posters on this board be when those same people purposefully misquote and purposefully summarize articles in a way that is not supported by the article itself.

Its almost like the irony of the comment that Wikileaks private messages were "illegally" obtained, when Wikileaks is in the business of leaking things that myay be"illegally" obtained.

As to the whole controversy. Its bad form and the people should own up to their mistakes. But that mistake in no way vindicated the actions of Wikileaks or Trump. It made no difference in how I interpreted the quote, I always interpreted it as "other people are saying this about us", because they used quotes around the statements. The last comment by Wikileaks is a throw away, its like having a video of a guy robbing a bank and cutting the audio where he says "Other people are going to slander me and say I robbed this bank." Its entirely self serving.

rabbit, if someone posts demonstrably false or misleading claims, I'm going to respond to them. Put me on ignore if you don't want to see them.

There are plenty of other people in this thread that have pointed out your and the article you posted's erroneous presentation of what The Atlantic story was about and why the changing of the period to a comma is immaterial. Feel free to engage with them if you don't want to talk to me, but you're just throwing up defensive bluster rather than addressing anything again.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 06:01 PM)
Thanks for you advice. I’ll advise you to expand your horizons and study history. I’d also say you should try and use evidence instead of stereotypes for your points. I’ll see you next time I post in the buster. God knows you’ll be here when I do.

lol. as if rabbit isn't in here constantly also? sad.