President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 05:07 PM)
True. I just have been influenced so much by Hollywood and the daily barrage of anti-Trump articles that I assumed everybody in the USA despised him. I remain a bit worried about the North Korea situation. Trump is definitely capable of a first strike on NK and that would not be good. In fact it might be the end of us all. He orders a strike and next thing you know we hear they've sent a few nukes our way and our defense system has no idea how to knock those nukes out of the sky.

Getting rid of brown people makes an awful lot of people in this country happy.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 04:07 PM)
True. I just have been influenced so much by Hollywood and the daily barrage of anti-Trump articles that I assumed everybody in the USA despised him. I remain a bit worried about the North Korea situation. Trump is definitely capable of a first strike on NK and that would not be good. In fact it might be the end of us all. He orders a strike and next thing you know we hear they've sent a few nukes our way and our defense system has no idea how to knock those nukes out of the sky.

Trump's approval rating is pretty low. But since this is a Sox board I think that a Hawkism fits. You win 40, you lose 40, its what you do with the other 40 that counts.

In today's society 20-30% will always either love or hate the President based on what team they play for.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 04:07 PM)

greg of course there are people who love trump and those that hate him. This is has been the case for most politicians throughout history.

You really gotta get out of your bubble. I am worried about you.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 10:19 PM)
greg of course there are people who love trump and those that hate him. This is has been the case for most politicians throughout history.

You really gotta get out of your bubble. I am worried about you.

I thought Trump was different. To me and the stuff I read (CNN, etc) I read a daily barrage of negative stuff on Trump. Can't remember anything good said about him in a long time, hence it seemed to me he was despised by about all. That's why those peeps in Texas surprised me by enthusiastically saying they liked him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 03:55 PM)
Is this board truly reflective of the country's opinion of Trump? I was in Dallas area over the weekend and I asked two rich oil people (one man, one woman) what they thought of Trump. One immediately declared: "I like him," adding that he says some dumb things on Twitter but aside from that she liked him. Then the other person said the economy actually was improving and he also liked Trump.

Then I hear he gets half cheers/half boos as the national title game. You'd think it would be 90 percent boos if you read this board and listen to the pundits and Hollywood types bash him daily. I know Hollywood tore into Trump at the Golden Globes, but Hollywood should be more humble and silent right now with the scandal going on.

I'm just saying ... has Trump had some accomplishments that are making 50 percent of Americans think he's OK to good?

His approval rating hasn't cracked 40% for most of his presidency, so probably not.

Trump’s around 37% right now.

Check back after next Fri, the government shutdown confrontation, DACA, border walls, CHIP, etc.

Typically, presidents in their second year lose support. Obama was down 10-11%. Reagan, similar...pretty sure there was a recession at that time as well. You’re pretty much guaranteed at least 1/3rd support no matter what.

The GOP problem is that what reason would those in the middle have to support him, unless they were hugely invested in the stock market? Even then, Trump’s going to start taking the blame more and more for health insurance issues. If that overrides a $700-800 (middle class) tax cut and rising stock market, time will tell. Hard to imagine being much more polarized than we already are as a country. The tax cut and ObamaCare repeal were two of the most unpopular pieces of legislation in recent memory. He could always luck out and handle an international crisis fairly well by doing everything the opposite of Obama.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 04:01 PM)
I thought Trump was different. To me and the stuff I read (CNN, etc) I read a daily barrage of negative stuff on Trump. Can't remember anything good said about him in a long time, hence it seemed to me he was despised by about all.

Might I suggest you start listening to Rush for ten minutes or so at a time during, I don't know, your lunch break?