President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 12:51 PM)
Um, yes they do. Perhaps not directly, but their aides/communications people do it routinely, especially when it comes to the economy they inherit.

I was going to say GWB but he probably blamed Clinton for 9/11 so.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 11:21 AM)
Guys get ready for a crazy ride, we have entered the f***ing twilight zone!

Seriously, what's the percentage you would say this guy is one in done. He looks way over is head but we'll see.

In a sane world, he'd have virtually no shot at a second term judging by how he's conducted himself so far and his nominees, but then again it's 'Murrica we're talking about.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 01:14 PM)
Just as I've done with every President before, I'll do it again.

I wish him the best, and I hope for the best, for all of us.

Well, he immediately made it more expensive for people to purchase homes. So already hurting the middle class.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 01:26 PM)
Well, he immediately made it more expensive for people to purchase homes. So already hurting the middle class.

To be fair, he blocked a small reduction that was supposed to go into place on the 25th. It's not like he raised taxes. And it's a pretty minimal reduction. I think the average benefit was like ~400 for the year.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 01:29 PM)
To be fair, he blocked a small reduction that was supposed to go into place on the 25th. It's not like he raised taxes. And it's a pretty minimal reduction. I think the average benefit was like ~400 for the year.

It doesnt make my statement any less true, and its only the beginning.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)
In a sane world, he'd have virtually no shot at a second term judging by how he's conducted himself so far and his nominees, but then again it's 'Murrica we're talking about.

You likely said this about his first term.

Just keep that in mind.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 02:29 PM)

lol can you imagine if Obama screwed the avg person out of $400/year how you'd have reacted?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 01:35 PM)
You likely said this about his first term.

Just keep that in mind.

This. He could absolutely win in 4 years. People should stop acting like he is going to just go away in 4 years.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 01:47 PM)
Any strong candidate will wipe the floor with a Trump.

Again.

You likely said this EXACT same thing this time, too.

And Hillary was a strong candidate...until she wasn't.

For all you know in four years, Trump will have done some crazy s*** that somehow -- against all odds -- worked and his approval rating skyrockets...likely? Don't know. Possible? I do know. And yes, it's possible.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 01:47 PM)
Any strong candidate will wipe the floor with a Trump.

Strong candidate could very well win. We are talking about the Democrats though. They will probably run Clinton again or some one even worse.

Edit - by worse I meant Corey Booker.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 01:49 PM)
Not so sure the Dems have one. Bernie and Joe will be too old. Corey Booker?

It will be interesting who emerges, because if trump does what it seems like he's going to do, there are votes for the taking. It's too bad Michelle wouldnt run.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 01:26 PM)

$400 hardly seems like a make or break amount of money on the purchase of a home.

Not saying it isn't s***ty, but lets put it into perspective when we make claims like it's going to screw poor people and stop them from buying homes.