President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, what the heck are they planning to do about North Korea?

This time, an engine/thrust test was successfully run in the last 24 hours that theoretically puts them in the ballpark of being able to deliver an ICBM in the general vicinity of the West Coast. All done while Tillerson's in China to meet with the leadership there.

REAL NEWS: Trump/Bannon secretly hope to kill two birds with one stone, DPRK nuclear attack taking out multitudes of Democratic voters in California while simultaneously giving the administration cover to go to war in Asia.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/tru...ing-break-aspen

Over the weekend, the Trump Kids flew to Aspen, Colorado. In tow were Don Jr., his wife, and their five kids; Ivanka and her three kids (her husband, Jared Kushner, who serves as a senior adviser to her father, stayed behind in Washington. It was this week, after all.) Eric and his wife joined, too. Unfortunately, unlike trips past, the extended Trumps now require a great deal of Secret Service protection. Over the weekend The Aspen Times reported that about 100 Secret Service agents were expected to travel with them. As a matter of protocol, the Secret Service would not comment on the number of agents it sent to protect the First Family. A representative told me I would have to file a Freedom of Information Act request in order to find out how much the government spent on sending agents on a Trump spring break. Bill Linn, an assistant chief of police in the town of Aspen, said that the Secret Service had been in touch with the police department and had not asked for any kind of support.

Another New York mom who took her kids to Aspen for the week said that with so many agents about, it is hard to get around the mountain. Because the Trump group is so big, and security is so tight, it’s harder to score tables at the few local restaurants at which New Yorkers normally dine. Traffic, too, they said, is a nightmare. (Linn said that there were no reports filed about traffic related to a dignitary visit, but that traffic has been challenging). About 40 or so locals threw together a last-minute protest on Main Street—for “All That Is Right and Good”—when they heard about the First Family’s visit.

Trump advisor Roger Stone a hot topic of conversation Monday at the hearings...

“Director Comey, are you aware that Roger Stone played a role in the Trump campaign?” Schiff asked.

“I’m not going to talk about any particular person here today, Mr. Schiff,” Comey responded.

But Schiff pressed.

“Are you aware that he has publicly acknowledged to have communicated with Guccifer 2.0, someone the intelligence community has assessed was a persona of Russian intelligence?” Schiff continued.

“I’ve read media accounts to that effect. I don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings in the media, I don’t know if that is accurate or not,” Comey said.

Guccifer 2.0 is believed to be the Russian hacker who stole DNC emails and released them through Julian Assange and WikiLeaks.

SCHIFF: “Mr. Stone, on August 17th, received a communication from Guccifer 2.0 that said ‘I’m pleased to say that you are great. Please tell me if I can help you anyhow. It would be a great pleasure to me.’ Are you aware of that communication from essentially Russian GRU through Guccifer to Mr. Stone?”

COMEY: “I have to give you the same answer.”

SCHIFF: “Are you aware that Mr. Stone also stated publicly that he was in direct communication with Julian Assange and WikiLeaks?”

COMEY: “Same answer.”

SCHIFF: “Are you aware that Mr. Stone also claimed he was in touch with an intermediary of Mr. Assange?”

COMEY: “Same answer.”

SCHIFF: “In early October, are you aware Mr. Stone tweeted I have total confidence that my hero Julian Assange will educate the American peoples soon. Are you aware of that tweet?”

COMEY: “Back to my original same answer.”

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/03/20/roger...ring-on-russia/

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.businessinsider.com/carter-page...-dossier-2017-1

One obvious area (besides Manafort and Flynn) is this Carter Page issue with the brokerage over a supposed 19% sale of Rosneft (Russian state oil monopoly)

A dossier with unverified claims about President Donald Trump's ties to Russia contained allegations that Igor Sechin, the CEO of Russia's state oil company, offered former Trump ally Carter Page and his associates the brokerage of a 19% stake in the company in exchange for the lifting of US sanctions on Russia.

The dossier says the offer was made in July, when Page was in Moscow giving a speech at the Higher Economic School. The claim was sourced to "a trusted compatriot and close associate" of Sechin, according to the dossier's author, former British spy Christopher Steele.

"Sechin's associate said that the Rosneft president was so keen to lift personal and corporate western sanctions imposed on the company, that he offered Page and his associates the brokerage of up to a 19 per cent (privatised) stake in Rosneft," the dossier said. "In return, Page had expressed interest and confirmed that were Trump elected US president, then sanctions on Russia would be lifted."

The sale of that 19.5% share in Rosneft to Qatar (sovereign wealth fund) and Glencore (Australia) was for $11.3 billion (in December)...so just 3% of that total would be $339 million dollars going to Carter Page and his Republican associates, in exchange for assurances from Page that the new Trump administration would eventually lift the sanctions on Russia (which would be a VERY cheap price to pay, especially when considering the total amount in damages to the Russian economy since the Obama admin put those sanctions in place, AND since SOMEONE had to broker the deal anyway and EARN a massive commission)

Meanwhile, Paul Manafort is wanted for questioning by the FBI and in KIEV, UKRAINE. And Ivanka's finally getting her own West Wing office but won't be a government employee...raising more thorny ethics questions

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/ivan...te-house-236273

Trump’s role, according to her attorney Jamie Gorelick, will be to serve as the president’s “eyes and ears” while providing broad-ranging advice, not just limited to women’s empowerment issues. Last week, for instance, Trump raised eyebrows when she was seated next to Angela Merkel for the German chancellor’s first official visit to Trump’s White House.

As her role in the White House grows — a role that comes with no playbook — Trump plans to adhere to the same ethics and records retention rules that apply to government employees, Gorelick said, even though she is not technically an employee. But ethics watchdogs immediately questioned whether she is going far enough to eliminate conflicts of interest, especially because she will not be automatically subjected to certain ethics rules while serving as a de facto White House adviser.

People close to Ivanka Trump said that she sees nothing unusual about the arrangement — it’s simply how she has worked with her father for years, as a senior official at the Trump Organization and as Donald Trump’s partner on “The Apprentice.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...-for-11-billion

Edited by caulfield12

US bans larger electronic devices on some flights from Middle East

US authorities have secretly required airlines from eight nations to forbid passengers from carrying any electronic or electrical device larger than a cellphone.

The new edict was distributed in an email described as “confidential” from the US transportation safety administration (TSA) on Monday.

The requirement forbids passengers from bringing laptops, iPads, Kindles and even cameras larger than mobile phones into the cabin. All such devices must be checked.

Saudi Arabia’s Saudia Airlines and Royal Jordanian airlines are among the affected countries; the full list has not been revealed to the affected airlines themselves.

The email – described as a “circular” – is not a public regulation, but airlines will be expected to enforce the new rule. Airlines were issued the circular on Monday and given 96 hours to comply; the rules apply to flights both to and from the US, according to Royal Jordanian airlines.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 08:50 AM)
So I guess Trump said last night that he likes new stories. If he repeats them as fact, and they are wrong, he isn't wrong, they are wrong. I guess that is how he will eventually roll with the wiretapping.

This. I don't know how this isn't a bigger deal. Any time the President says anything incorrect, he just says, "well, it was reported in the news! Don't blame me for not knowing it wasn't true! Blame them!" The fact that the President cares so little about whether what he says is true or not is just staggering...

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 09:54 AM)
And it's some airlines that fly into those cities and not others. I really do not understand what the purpose is here.

Make ourselves look like bigger idiots by the day. Thats the only thing I can think of.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 09:53 AM)
This. I don't know how this isn't a bigger deal. Any time the President says anything incorrect, he just says, "well, it was reported in the news! Don't blame me for not knowing it wasn't true! Blame them!" The fact that the President cares so little about whether what he says is true or not is just staggering...

It's just words.

Whether republicans actually truly believe it's just words or not, at some point the POTUS words are going to have to mean something, and his have no credibility with most US citizens and abroad.

An analysis by WaPo that thinks the laptop ban is just some backdoor protectionism since it only impacts certain airlines.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-...derlying-story/

It may not be about security. Three of the airlines that have been targeted for these measures — Emirates, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways — have long been accused by their U.S. competitors of receiving massive effective subsidies from their governments. These airlines have been quietly worried for months that President Trump was going to retaliate. This may be the retaliation.

These three airlines, as well as the other airlines targeted in the order, are likely to lose a major amount of business from their most lucrative customers — people who travel in business class and first class. Business travelers are disproportionately likely to want to work on the plane — the reason they are prepared to pay business-class or first-class fares is because it allows them to work in comfort. These travelers are unlikely to appreciate having to do all their work on smartphones, or not being able to work at all. The likely result is that many of them will stop flying on Gulf airlines, and start traveling on U.S. airlines instead.

As the Financial Times notes, the order doesn’t affect only the airlines’ direct flights to and from the United States — it attacks the “hub” airports that are at the core of their business models. These airlines not only fly passengers directly from the Gulf region to the United States — they also fly passengers from many other destinations, transferring them from one plane to another in the hubs. This “hub and spoke” approach is a standard economic model for long-haul airlines, offering them large savings. However, it also creates big vulnerabilities. If competitors or unfriendly states can undermine or degrade the hub, they can inflict heavy economic damage.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 09:50 AM)
So I guess Trump said last night that he likes news stories. If he repeats them as fact, and they are wrong, he isn't wrong, they are wrong. I guess that is how he will eventually roll with the wiretapping.

How else is a man in his position supposed to get information???

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)
How else is a man in his position supposed to get information???

That's true. At least he knows the only reputable source for news is Fox News. Fair and balanced.

The funny thing is the guy really isn't even a republican. They know he can be manipulated to get what they want.

My theory as to why he does these rallies is for all the cheering. His people IMO are playing him because he is so dumb and really just interested in being popular. His supporters don't care what he does, so they send him out, they all cheer for him, he comes back and they tell him, see, the people really love the Muslim ban. They don't care if you colluded with Russia, they love Putin. They really love the new health care idea. All the women want you to grab them by the *****, and he turns on Fox and Hannity has his tongue up his ass, and Trump feels the love. It's sick.

I think if they get Obamacare replaced and get a tax cut, the republicans will then cut bait on all this lunacy.

His tweets alone show something is wrong. If he really took the testimony yesterday like he took it on twitter, the man isn't capable of comprehending anything. And if he didn't, he's obviously trying to hide something. He shows every day he isn't fit to be POTUS.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 12:41 PM)
It's released that there's no evidence of Russia fixing the election but the talk is still impeach Trump.

This Muslim ban is scary though. I'm worried my friends from Indonesia aren't ever going to be able to come visit.

As far as I can tell they are still investigating Russia's involvement with interfering with the election.

People forget, Trump actually asked the Russians to hack into Hillary's emails. That's on record. He claims he was being sarcastic. Was he? He seemed to love wikileaks getting hacked email info. You sarcastically yell fire in a movie theater, you may go to jail.

Edited by Dick Allen