Eaton and Frazier Verbal Battles

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 08:41 PM)
This will definitely help move Frazier

? I'm a huge Eaton fan, but he obviously has a questionable clubhouse reputation. I'll go out on a limb here and say that if there was any beef between Todd & Adam, Frazier wasn't the one at fault. And regardless, this will have no impact on Frazier's value.

? I'm a huge Eaton fan, but he obviously has a questionable clubhouse reputation. I'll go out on a limb here and say that if there was any beef between Todd & Adam, Frazier wasn't the one at fault. And regardless, this will have no impact on Frazier's value.

Takes two to tango. Ask any cop or lawyer how often they come upon a disagreement where one side was 100% in the wrong...it's pretty rare. And nearly all pro athletes have egos that would make them almost unemployable in "our" world.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 24, 2017 -> 03:51 AM)
Takes two to tango. Ask any cop or lawyer how often they come upon a disagreement where one side was 100% in the wrong...it's pretty rare. And nearly all pro athletes have egos that would make them almost unemployable in "our" world.

One guy has a reputation as being a great teammate and one has a pretty awful one

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 08:54 PM)
One guy has a reputation as being a great teammate and one has a pretty awful one

Exactly, I actually view this as a plus. Sometimes you need players to police their own clubhouse and I would applaud Frazier for telling the guy who called Drake LaRoche a leader to STFU.

My apologies to those here who I may have disagreed with for stating that the Sale and Eaton trades were prioritized not only because of Sale's trade value, but also to deal with insubordination and clubhouse issues. Whether there are any more major trades or not, that seems to make more sense to me in hindsight.

I'm OK with the Sox standing pat for now and seeing how the existing talent comes together in ST. There might be a few guys that surprise us as I said in another thread.

Even Robertson might be worth holding on to so he can possibly re-establish himself as a closer or set-up man.

My apologies to those here who I may have disagreed with for stating that the Sale and Eaton trades were prioritized not only because of Sale's trade value, but also to deal with insubordination and clubhouse issues. Whether there are any more major trades or not, that seems to make more sense to me in hindsight.

It is absolutely obvious at this point. Denying this requires more of a suspension of disbelief than the other way around.

Edited by Con te Giolito

Wouldn't be surprised in the least bit about Eaton. If true, then go ahead and extend Todd Frazier! :lol:

Eaton had supposedly rubbed a few players wrong in AZ so it would come as no surprise if he did the same in Chicago. Shame because he's a hell of a ball player.

Oh well, he gawn.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 11:02 PM)
It is absolutely obvious at this point. Denying this requires more of a suspension of disbelief than the other way around.

The day of the Eaton trade, Hahn very bluntly stated he would love to "do five more of these" over the next five days, implying he would love to trade Q, Melky, Frazier, Robertson and perhaps Jones if the right deal came along. He would not have said this if it weren't true. Otherwise, why would you tell several of your players (and he did not need to name them for everyone to know who he was talking about) that we want to trade you?

The right deals have simply not come along.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 08:51 PM)

Who cares? Eaton is a great player, but he obviously rubbed some guys the wrong way. If Frazier is one of those guys, to me, that means Eaton was even worse than I originally though as Frazier is widely considered one of the best dudes in the game.

This rebuild was not about getting Sale and Eaton off the roster - those guys were the #1 and #3 most valuable trade chips we had. It fits some people's narrative, but its clearly not why this happened. The fact that those guys were a little bit of loose cannons is just gravy now that they're gone. But some people will spin anything.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 24, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
Who cares? Eaton is a great player, but he obviously rubbed some guys the wrong way. If Frazier is one of those guys, to me, that means Eaton was even worse than I originally though as Frazier is widely considered one of the best dudes in the game.

This rebuild was not about getting Sale and Eaton off the roster - those guys were the #1 and #3 most valuable trade chips we had. It fits some people's narrative, but its clearly not why this happened. The fact that those guys were a little bit of loose cannons is just gravy now that they're gone. But some people will spin anything.

It is quite obvious that the White Sox spent a lot of time and energy protecting Sale and Eaton from themselves. But that has nothing to do with who got moved first. Look at the returns on the players that got moved. Look at the offers that have been publicized for Q. Look at the complete lack of interest by anyone in the remainder of the roster. For most of us it is pretty easy to see that 2+2=4, and not that the Bilderbergs are involved, but I digress.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 24, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
Not directed at you but I was saying this all year and touched on it in 2015. Everyone was flinging garbage at me for it too. Eaton is/was a douchebag and a bad teammate. Sale was not a bad teammate but had no regard for his superiors and basically did what he wanted.

A lot of signs have been there. I know I touched on it at different points, but this does confirm what has been able to be read between the lines for some time now.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 24, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
Not directed at you but I was saying this all year and touched on it in 2015. Everyone was flinging garbage at me for it too. Eaton is/was a douchebag and a bad teammate. Sale was not a bad teammate but had no regard for his superiors and basically did what he wanted.

I remember when you alluded to this after the jersey incident. Such a shame that some guys just don't know when to shut up.

I will say just from a pure fan perspective, that I liked having Eaton on the team. I thought he was dumb and wrong about the LaRoche stuff and I thought he was dumb and wrong about a thing or two he said on Twitter, but he was a guy who engaged with fans a lot and was very fun to watch play. With that said, if he was quietly hurting the team then I'm glad we unloaded him at such a high value...but there are going to be some painful games to watch next year, not that he alone could have prevented that.