2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 02:55 PM)
Rosen's thoughts here were taken completely out of context. People need to read the entire article of what he said.

I thought the exact same thing.

Alabama though is handing out money left and right to smart kids from the north.

Not sure where the money it is coming from exactly but there is an academic pipeline from Chicago to Tuscaloosa.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 02:55 PM)
Rosen's thoughts here were taken completely out of context. People need to read the entire article of what he said.

Yep. Too bad people nowadays are conditioned to read a headline and freak out. Its a very well thought out point by him.

• 2 weeks later...

Some season predictions:

Heisman finalists: Barkley RB, Darnold QB, Mayfield QB

CFP: USC, Florida St, Ohio St, Oklahoma

(yes, no Alabama. Too many tough games- FSU, TENN, @ MISS ST, @ AUB, MISS)

FSU beats OSU to win it all

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 08:15 PM)
Hawkeye football made Ed Cunningham quit ESPN

Yeah, that was kind of weird. Beathard was a typical immobile QB with his injury. It wasn't like he was playing with a concussion. Seems a little extreme thwt would be the final straw and make him walk away from a pretty sweet gig. I always liked his work. But to me, it does seem that football isn't as highly anticipated this year as it has in the past. Maybe all the brain injuries are starting to turn people off.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 11:14 PM)
I'm super pumped to travel to Iowa city this year

It's the third or fourth loudest stadium I've ever been to. Their fans are mouth breathers, but they are loud and passionate. They can't help that they made a bad life-choice.

I've been to a number of college football stadiums (about 25), probably would rank them (of the ones worth a crap):

1. Memorial Stadium (Nebraska) - loudest place I've ever been for a game

2. Kyle Field (Texas A&M) - loudest place I've ever been for a game that was out of hand

3. Gaylord Memorial Stadium (Oklahoma) - one of the places where it really feels big time, especially at night

4. Kinnick Stadium (Iowa) - cool place to see a game, especially at night

5. DKR-Texas Memorial (Texas) - sheer size is something else, fans aren't the greatest

Other places I've been:

Dix Stadium (Kent State) - no fan turnout

Arrowhead (Kansas State) - not a good place for a college game

Memorial Stadium (Kansas) - decrepit

Faurot Field (Missouri) - haven't been here in a while, stadium was nice, nothing special

Sun Devil Stadium (Insight Bowl) - neat place, would think it would be rocking for a big ASU home game

Folsom Field (Colorado) - scenery is unbeatable, fans are....different.

Jack Trice Stadium (Iowa State) - closed in end zone really improved the look

Rentschler Field (UCONN) - fans are a non entitiy

Floyd Casey Stadium (Baylor) - stadium was falling apart, fans were surprising loud (during RG3)

Jones AT&T Stadium (Texas Tech) - neat stadium that fits in its surroundings

Bill Snyder Memorial Stadium (Kansas State) - stadium is sort of piecemeal, improvements on the north end really tie it together

Yankee Stadium (Pinstripe Bowl) - really cool for a one off game

Amon G Carter Stadium (TCU) - all sorts of money poured into the stadium, maybe they should pay fans to show up because they show up the worst

Boone Pickens Stadium (Oklahoma State) - much like TCU with new money, unique with GIA right there, fans are good people

Liberty Bowl (Liberty Bowl - Memphis) - crappy neighborhood, dated stadium

Chapman Stadium (Tulsa) - campus right nearby is cool looking, still a neat old feel

Milan Puskar Stadium (West Virginia) - never been there with a good fan turnout, stadium starting to show age

Glass Bowl (Toledo) - crappy neighborhood, decent sized MAC stadium with a dated feel

McClane Stadium (Baylor) - all the bells and whistles, lets see if they can fix it up this year when they lose

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 05:39 PM)
0039010692f488f17d73c10d2de6d767.jpg

Thursday night home opener for Sparky. Not sure what to expect from this team this year.

Graham needs to be on a short leash tho...

GACK...gonna be another extremely looooooooooooooong year for ASU.

I so ready for them to can Todd Graham and his schtick....

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 01:26 AM)
GACK...gonna be another extremely looooooooooooooong year for ASU.

I so ready for them to can Todd Graham and his schtick....

First games are weird.

I admire the teams that schedule big games for their first, but I think everyone should get a tune up game.