2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 9, 2017 -> 11:14 PM)
Incredibly impressive. Can't believe the defense is that good despite all the inexperience. Lovie is definitely building something.

I started having doubts, especially after last week, but now I think the Illini are actually going to be very good in the next year or two.

Besides Crouch... He sucks.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 04:00 AM)
I started having doubts, especially after last week, but now I think the Illini are actually going to be very good in the next year or two.

Besides Crouch... He sucks.

WKU clearly isn't as good as last year, but it felt great for the defense to make strides between weeks and with true freshmen no less.

I'm not sure what McGee is doing thus far, the play calling has been pretty bad overall. Not sure if the OL will do anything against B10 opponents but we had a good run game with Epstein and Crouch (when used), yet we got cute and tried passes on 3 and short, etc. In a game like Saturday's, I'd rather just feed Epstein and mix in options rather than rely on Crouch's passing.

The offense could be pretty brutal against the B10, they need to figure some things out quickly.

College football is both my favorite and least favorite thing in the world. One loss can doom the whole season.

That loss to Oklahoma Saturday really sucked. Have to win out to have any chance but I just truly don't feel like JT Barrett is a championship quarterback. OSU has all these blue chippers at WR and can't do anything with them. I'm not sure what Urban is going to do going forward, but its frustrating to watch the same offense that showed up for most of last season and if the secondary doesn't get it together as well, this could be a very disappointing year.

Rock, I'm interested to hear what you think about all this. Obviously JT could put up huge numbers the next two weeks and we wouldn't know if a problem is fixed. I also don't think putting Burrow in is the answer. I have no idea if Haskins is ready. There's no way I's want to burn Martell's redshirt either.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 9, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)
Test

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 9, 2017 -> 04:18 PM)
This just in.....Iowa State still sucks.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 9, 2017 -> 05:32 PM)
Nice win for the hawks

What a tough loss. The plan was obviously to make Stanley beat ISU, and he did. Glad to never have to play Wadley again.

David Montgomery is special.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 04:56 PM)
Super pumped for the Illini game tonight, which means they will probably lose by 40.

I can get used to Friday night games though.

Well recruiting would suck. Thankfully South Florida took it upon themselves to make this a huge recruiting weekend for Illinois by inviting 80 hs teams that had cancelled games.