2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 12:29 PM)
Bosa being named B10 defensive lineman of the year is funny.

Nick Bosa: 28 tackles, 12.5 TFL, 6.0 sacks, 47 QB pressures, 19 stops

Mo Hurst Jr: 58 tackles, 13.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, 46 QB pressures, 37 stops

Chase Winovich: 84 tackles, 17.0 TFL, 8.0 sacks, 49 QB pressures, 48 stops

Hurst has a legit beef, Winovich does not. Bosa played less snaps thanboth.

But whats even funnier is Michigan fans clamoring to ignore stats last year as Peppers was wrongly given DPOY, now they are SO important.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 09:20 AM)
Currie out at Tennessee lol.

He tried to hire Leach without the approval of the President I believe. Now there are rumors that Leach doesn't want to go there anymore.

Damn, what a mess.

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account @Brett_McMurphy Sources: John Currie was prepared to hire Mike Leach but university officials wouldn’t allow him to do so. Phillip Fulmer has been sabotaging search process in hopes to become Tennessee’s AD

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 09:41 AM)
Besides him screwing up the process, that's also another awful hire. I clamored for Leach at Illinois, but he would get destroyed at a program like Tennessee.

Completely disagree. Leach would be fine there. The guy can coach. Would have been a blessing for that program.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
Completely disagree. Leach would be fine there. The guy can coach. Would have been a blessing for that program.

Yeah Leach as a coach will be fine. He's just someone that doesn't like meddling and boy will he face it so it's an odd fit.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 11:22 AM)
Yeah Leach as a coach will be fine. He's just someone that doesn't like meddling and boy will he face it so it's an odd fit.

Exactly my point. I don't doubt his coaching ability, but in those jobs, there is way more to it than just coaching. You have to kiss a lot of ass, and that doesn't fit him well. That's why he's a great fit in Pllman.

If this was 2012 I would agree. But Leachs public perception has done a massive 180 since then. He's become a big time media darling and a man of the people. Still a big personality sure but I think it would work out quite well. Harbaugh is the comparison personality wise and that's worked out fine for Michigan (if not on the field).

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)
If this was 2012 I would agree. But Leachs public perception has done a massive 180 since then. He's become a big time media darling and a man of the people. Still a big personality sure but I think it would work out quite well. Harbaugh is the comparison personality wise and that's worked out fine for Michigan (if not on the field).

I don't think he's that similar to Harbaugh, but they are both headline grabbers for things they say. I think Leach's teams have weaknesses, but he's never been at a place with the resources of Tennessee. Texas Tech and Washington State are bottom tier as far as major conference programs. I don't think SEC country is a good fit for his personality, but he'll win enough. They'll have to be patient. That offense will look like a mess until he gets his QBs in there.

Think that game could have gone either way, both teams left a lot of plays on the field.

Tough to get that close and lose, but still get a good bowl game and hopefully proved that they were a team worthy of being considered for the playoff.

Going to be fun to see what the committee does, but hard to imagine OSU being kept out.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 2, 2017 -> 11:08 PM)
Who is the fourth team in now?

Alabama, Ohio State, UCF (unlikely)...?

If I’m Oklahoma, no way I want anything to do with either team...and it’s almost impossible to beat an Urban Meyer team twice in one season.

Good thing they'll play Georgia first.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 3, 2017 -> 11:23 AM)
It's not great but neither is OSU's. The Big 10 collectively beat no one this year. Not a single good non-conference win. You can easily make the case it's a bunch of paper tigers.

Don’t disagree at all. This argument shouldn’t have just been these two.