2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

quite frankly one of the worst displays of D1 football I've ever seen right down to the ridiculousness of 2 dozen flags already. Tellin ya...I've seen some horrible horrible officiating this year already in college football...probably some of the worst I've ever seen.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 10:21 PM)
I'm not sure those teams ever gave up 400 yards on the ground.

Haha, you are probably right. I was more thinking about the feeling that special teams was their best way to score and somehow they were keeping it a game for a while.

Like Russ said, so many freshmen, I think 10 of 22 starters. It really showed on the offensive and defensive lines.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 16, 2017 -> 08:16 AM)
Haha, you are probably right. I was more thinking about the feeling that special teams was their best way to score and somehow they were keeping it a game for a while.

Like Russ said, so many freshmen, I think 10 of 22 starters. It really showed on the offensive and defensive lines.

Without depth you will see teams getting gashed in the 2nd half. Then you start to play hero ball and it all falls apart. Never good.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 16, 2017 -> 06:12 PM)
They'll probably beat us next week. What we drinking?

Not to discount Purdue, looks like they've found themselves a coach. But do not underestimate how bad mizzou is and has become under Barry Odom.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
Not to discount Purdue, looks like they've found themselves a coach. But do not underestimate how bad mizzou is and has become under Barry Odom.

Our best offensive weapon so far maybe out and Speight is the most inaccurate QB that I can remember. He also is an awful decision maker.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 17, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
Our best offensive weapon so far maybe out and Speight is the most inaccurate QB that I can remember. He also is an awful decision maker.

Brian you are great, but, Michigan fans aren't allowed to complain to mizzou fans about being bad. :)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 08:35 AM)
Don Brown is still there, so....

Can't believe Durkin leaving was such a blessing. But if they are sticking with Speight, it's for naught.

Now Black is out for awhile and Isaac may miss this weekend. Only two offensive guys doing anything.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 08:55 AM)
Can't believe Durkin leaving was such a blessing. But if they are sticking with Speight, it's for naught.

Now Black is out for awhile and Isaac may miss this weekend. Only two offensive guys doing anything.

Ride Tressel ball out a few weeks, not a team on the schedule that should present a challenge. That defense will flat out win every game for a month.

I think we can say Kentucky will never beat Florida. Twice UK forgot to cover a WR coming out of a timeout and both plays resulted in a TD. Blows a 13pt lead in final 8-9 minutes and gets an iffy holding call on the center that took away what would've been a 35-40 yard FG attempt in final seconds. Instead a 57 yard attempt falls about 2 yards short. Just not going to happen.

And all the talk of Jimbo Fisher being a top tier coach needs to end. Unless FSU wins out, this season will be the 5th time in 6 seasons FSU will lose 3+ games when Winston isn't their QB. He gets a lot of top talent but what has he done with those players?