2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 09:31 PM)
Ohio State is minus 41 tomorrow, over under is 53. So Vegas projects Illinois to score 11 points, lol.

Lovie is gonna spend his whole life looking for a quarterback.

I think it's worse than that. I think Vegas projects 47-6 if those are the numbers, lol.

Credit where credits due, Mizzou looked like worst team in country it’s first 4 games, played better but lost, then ripped off 5 straight and is going bowling. Very weak schedule, but again, they looked like worst team in country.

Also nice because this looks like a brutal year for a team in mizzou’s tier to hire.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 07:51 AM)
I assume he’s playing since Peters got knocked out.

Hopefully it’s a nice prequel to the Harbaugh era at soldier field.

The only thing I don't like about the Harbaugh era is I presume that will be a complete "restart" because I can't imagine Harbaugh isn't going to want front office power. I do not think Pace is a bad GM. I think he has made some mistakes though...I'd love a Pace/Harbaugh combo if they would work well. I still think the concept of McCarthy getting canned is possible and I don't think he'd be the worst thing for Trubisky.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 07:49 AM)
Credit where credits due, Mizzou looked like worst team in country it’s first 4 games, played better but lost, then ripped off 5 straight and is going bowling. Very weak schedule, but again, they looked like worst team in country.

Also nice because this looks like a brutal year for a team in mizzou’s tier to hire.

Mizzou finishes 7-5. Their last three wins nearly led to three straight firings but just missed on Florida.

Yeah, glad we ain’t hiring v Arkansas, Fla, Tenn, and A&M.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 25, 2017 -> 11:41 AM)
Chip in at UCLA.

Riley out at Nebraska (could be good for heads and ISU recruits)

I can’t believe Nebraska firing pelini for being good not great and replacing him with Oregon states good not great coach didn’t work out.

Lol I think everyone saw this outcome coming for Nebby, just a terrible hire.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 08:49 AM)

Glad you guys won a bit, totally understand not wanting to hire this off-season but I really don’t think Odom is the answer and he’s giving Illinois a chance at St. Louis recruiting at least.

I’m still skeptical but he out coached a lot of “better” coaches with more resourced programs. We had a winning record by running 4 straight in the conference.

He’s young too, and with Lock and Beckners stock exploding, I still think it bodes well for Mizzou that when five stars commit they get them to the NFL and well.

He needs to improve but he bought another year easily, and dealt with some weird stuff last year like coach Kulogowski emailing the playbook for Missouri to all of our opponents that year.

Horrible year for Harbaugh simply based on his fascination with giving O’Korn so many chances when he proved he’s awful. Cost them the MSU game and maybe this one. Had 3 chances to drive for lead and failed miserably each time.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 25, 2017 -> 02:42 PM)
Horrible year for Harbaugh simply based on his fascination with giving O’Korn so many chances when he proved he’s awful. Cost them the MSU game and maybe this one. Had 3 chances to drive for lead and failed miserably each time.

He’s probably still sitting back there with the play clock at zero.

Great game.