Rangers have increased pursuit of Q?

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 02:37 PM)
George Ofman @georgeofman

1m

Hearing the farm rich Texas Rangers are in the mix for Quintana.

Oh boy.

Well there's something new! Time to go dig into Texas's farm system for 50 pages!

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 02:37 PM)
George Ofman @georgeofman

1m

Hearing the farm rich Texas Rangers are in the mix for Quintana.

Oh boy.

Has anyone evaluated a good package for Q from Texas in the past few months? I know it came up more in July but then they traded a lot of guys. I guess the guys just drafted would be available however.

QUOTE (Baron @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 02:40 PM)
Texas really isnt farm rich...they have some nice prospects. But the guy you want is in the majors right now and it's not Profar.

Yep...although I do wonder if they were open to moving Mazara, they would be able to create a spot for Profar everyday in the OF. Or at the very least, push him into a Zobrist type of role.

Edit: weren't they linked to discussions like a month ago?

Edited by soxfan2014

Bob NightengaleVerified account ‏@BNightengale 41s42 seconds ago

More

The Texas #Rangers suddenly have increased their pursuit for #WhiteSox ace Jose Quintana, but still unknown whether they will pull off deal.

This has posturing with Astros written all over it.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 02:43 PM)

More

The Texas #Rangers suddenly have increased their pursuit for #WhiteSox ace Jose Quintana, but still unknown whether they will pull off deal.

Interesting...still don't love their farm system much.

I will take Yeyson Yrizarri just for the sake of the name.

Not as a headliner for a few reasons, but I would take Profar as back of package filler in a heartbeat assuming the medical report is OK. I know he doesn't have a ton of control left, but he's a guy if healthy might live up to some of the previous hype and very flappable if not an extension candidate.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 08:46 PM)
Not as a headliner for a few reasons, but I would take Profar as back of package filler in a heartbeat assuming the medical report is OK. I know he doesn't have a ton of control left, but he's a guy if healthy might live up to some of the previous hype and very flappable if not an extension candidate.

Yep or you flip him now for someone from Tampa

More

Posturing by who? Why can't the Rangers have legitimate interest?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
Would be interested to see if the guys we are chasing are the ones who are still minor leaguers, or if it is still guys like Maraza and/or Profar as headliners.

Mazara I think would have to be. Too bad Profar lost 2 years of control on the dl (Rangers should have pulled an Angels last year with Skaggs where he was listed in the minors all year even though he was injured).

Edited by soxfan2014

More

IIRC, Nightengale was in on the Pirates/Yankees 3 way that most here feel "broke down" on Christmas Eve.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 08:53 PM)
All of this makes reaffirms my belief there's little chance he's with the Sox in two weeks. They're dropping more media bombs to force the issue and make the best possible deal before spring training.

Either this is a legit situation or someone that is close with George and Nightengale wanted this rumor out there

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
All of this makes reaffirms my belief there's little chance he's with the Sox in two weeks. They're dropping more media bombs to force the issue and make the best possible deal before spring training.

I'd agree. You cannot take a chance on either injury or poor performance taking a hit on Q's value and thus stalling the rebuild. You obviously cannot settle for a deal, but if there is a package that Hahn and Co. really like before ST then you got to pull the trigger.